Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	8599

I don't know how you guys with points do it! Im glad Im picking easy units and don't really have much invested in case I don't draw. I guess its a lot more exciting when you hit the jackpot though!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck in draws Goshen! I drew my long awaited WY elk tag so I ll be sitting out deer n lope draws. But next year.......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Seems like right now for deer you either need max points or no points. I have 3 and sometimes I wish I didnt have any because there are regions I would like to hunt I could draw with 0 points but cant 2nd choice and dont feel they are worth the points either.
    ***That's exactly right IMO too. I should have just got a G tag a couple years ago and rented a horse and tack like I did a couple times up north back in the late 90s before this crappy PP system got started. Now with 5PPs I hate to waste a couple on G, but the one unit I have in mind just keeps creeping up a good 1/2 PP or better each year the last several years and now I'm in that trap we're talking about. I may just wait until 2015 when my best buddy out there retires and talk him into going into G with horses on a DIY for a week or more to try and get it done. Time will tell, but these residents that want a PP system are going to be in for a big surprise after about five years when they're stuck just like we are on that great unit they were going to draw when it's not working out for them.

***Check your inbox for a PM!
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 03-04-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A big part of the problem the last few years is tag numbers have been cut so much in some units. If there werent alot less tags I dont think point creep would be near as bad. Im going to wait another year or 2 and see what happens. Most states I am building points in I have a good idea where I want to head with them but Wy deer I really got nothing yet. I have plenty of options for places to hunt leftover or otc so Im not real worried about it yet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    A big part of the problem the last few years is tag numbers have been cut so much in some units. If there werent alot less tags I dont think point creep would be near as bad. Im going to wait another year or 2 and see what happens. Most states I am building points in I have a good idea where I want to head with them but Wy deer I really got nothing yet. I have plenty of options for places to hunt leftover or otc so Im not real worried about it yet.
    That was the major thing that bit me last year. I partied with another guy who had max PPs and needed help on a good deer hunt because of his physical disability and we would have draw our tags if they hadn't cut 25 tags from the previous years numbers. I figured we were a shoein and then when I saw the final regs come out with thentag cut I sent him a PM and told him not to buy a plane ticket because we were on thin ice. All the tags went and ours was the next small pool of people and we would have drawn had those 25 tags still been there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The tag cuts got me on a 2nd choice deer tag last year too that I thought was a slam dunk. Atleast I got the antelope tag 2nd choice and got to hunt so it worked out fine. Points have gone up a bunch in some antelope units with the tag cuts too. Hopefully it improves in the next couple years or my WY antelope plan will be changing too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    > Deadline is getting close!!! <

Ya, and after reading all the bleak reports I am still searching for that elusive deer unit worthy of unloading max points. Ain't finding it!!! Time runnin out.
    I agree, I think I'll just apply for another point and hope it gets better but then again it could get worse.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by GOSHENGRUNTER View Post
    Marcus you might like this #13 better ;-)

Attachment 8561
    lol nice its all good just giving ya a jab. im actually not much of a college sports fan. i prefer the pros

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusvdk View Post
    lol nice its all good just giving ya a jab. im actually not much of a college sports fan. i prefer the pros
    When your pro team is the Bengals, I am kinda forced into college sports

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The only reason I am building points for deer is because I am not sure where I really want to hunt. Right now I am learning region Y, I hunted C a couple times but its nearly impossible to draw it 2nd choice and the public land is very limited.