Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am going to try two this year and those are the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's and Zamberlan Skill GT's. I am also giving the Kenetrek Grizzly Pac boots a go as well. I have zero time in any of them, so I am excited to see how they perform.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 2 Posts
    I use Crispi Nevadas with the synergy foot bed. This is the first boot I've worn without getting heal blisters. They are a solid boot and I'm truly happy that it only took me three manufacturers boots to find the perfect fit. I'm going to try the Crispi Idahos next for early season.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 3 Posts
    I use the kenetrek boots for anything at or above timberline and a lightweight boot Danner Pronghorn or addidas running shoes below timberline.

I feel that a stiff mountain boot in the terrain around here above timberline is a must in order to stay safe.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't use stiff mountain boots too often because its hard for me to stalk quietly in them. For most of my hunting I've used Danner Jackals. They are basically a glorified sneaker with ankle support. I am blessed with good feet so I can get away with a minimal footbed even with a heavy pack. I've had great success with them and will use them as much as possible this year too. If I get a little luck this year and go on a sheep or goat hunt up in the rocks, I'll be lacing up some Zamberland Guide GTX boots!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been wearing the kenetrek Extreme ountain boot for a couple of years and they feel great. Got them about two weeks before my elk hunt and only a little break-in time but never had any issues with blisters or hot spot. Just bought a pair to Kenetrek Grizzly pacs and I think they will be great for walk in the mountains if the weather is'nt super cold. Time will tell!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think, it is required and even advisable to use mountain boots to protect anyone from rough hiking. In terms of the type, I guess , it is also recommendable to have that fits you and the one you find it comfortable to wear.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought a pair of Cabela's Air Revolution Hunting Boots by Meindl (non insulated) for my elk hunt in Idaho. I tried on every pair of non insulated boot that Cabela's offered and these fit the best. I liked them and I wore them for about 4 months prior to my hunt to break them in. Now my feet sweat bad, which is why I went with non insulated boots. When I got up in the mountains, about three days into the trip, I started noticing my heels getting tender. By the end of my 8 day hunt, I could barely walk!! My feet slid and moved around in my boots enough while climbing up and down the mountains that I got NASTY, HUGE blisters on my heals of my feet. I don't know what to do to fix this problem? Is it because my feet sweat so bad? The boot really doesn't fit me well? I had them laced up tight at all times and would take them off when I was glassing to let my feet breath. Should I get a new pair and start all over or get one of the high end insert (foot soles) to put in my boots? I'm telling you.... my feet just about ruined my hunt! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Check out this thread. There is some great info here. Mark
    http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showth...-in-good-shape
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappy View Post
    I bought a pair of Cabela's Air Revolution Hunting Boots by Meindl (non insulated) for my elk hunt in Idaho. I tried on every pair of non insulated boot that Cabela's offered and these fit the best. I liked them and I wore them for about 4 months prior to my hunt to break them in. Now my feet sweat bad, which is why I went with non insulated boots. When I got up in the mountains, about three days into the trip, I started noticing my heels getting tender. By the end of my 8 day hunt, I could barely walk!! My feet slid and moved around in my boots enough while climbing up and down the mountains that I got NASTY, HUGE blisters on my heals of my feet. I don't know what to do to fix this problem? Is it because my feet sweat so bad? The boot really doesn't fit me well? I had them laced up tight at all times and would take them off when I was glassing to let my feet breath. Should I get a new pair and start all over or get one of the high end insert (foot soles) to put in my boots? I'm telling you.... my feet just about ruined my hunt! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappy View Post
    Knappy, heel blisters are the result of heel slip. So either the boots are too big, the heel cup doesn't fit right, or the uppers don't flex forward well, and your heel is lifting off the footbed. This is a common problem with stiff boots, and in my experience, it takes some hit-and-miss to find the boot that fits right to prevent heel slip. Custom fitters like Lathrop and Sons can really ease this experience.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Anyone able to point me in a good direction for find boots in a size 15. Its like trying to locate bigfoot (pun intended) Danner so far is the only place that has more then one boot in a 15. I have looked at Kenentrek, Crispi, Lowa, Danner, Zamberlan, and cabelas and gande rmountain.