Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Introduction....

Well I guess I was supposed to start here. My name is Kelly, I am 39 and live in Reno Nv. I work for the State of California now 16 years. I have been hunting all my life. First trip to Wyoming was when I was 15. I have been hunting with dad for Deer in the Lander and Kemmer area for the last 4 years. Durring this time I have aquired 4 points and my dad 2 for antelope. This year we are not putting in for deer. Have to save money for a 40th bday hunt. What we do want to do is put in for antelope. Not exactly sure on the points thing.

I know if we dont draw the first choice we keep our points. if I put in for 93 and 66 do you think I will have a chance on my second choice with special hunt as a party of 2

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Welcome to the forum NeverBetter. I used to be a California boy….back in the 80s.

You only have a chance on second choice tags where the draw odds were 100% on the first choice draw and tags were left over. You would almost certainly not have a chance for units 93 and 66 since they did not have 100% chance in the first choice rounds last year.

If you are savvy with your 3 points you should draw a very good first choice antelope unit.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 03-06-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome! There is a great group of Renoites in the forum, good to see another!

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Glad you found us! Welcome!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome to the forum!!

The only real shot you have for 93 (unless you happened to randomly draw it) would be to apply in the special draw with your 3 PPs.

Unit 66 is almost the same situation, it's not gonna happen as a 2nd choice. It looks like you could possibly draw 66 as a first choice with your 3 PPs though.

Look at the MRS, there are sevearl green chip units you could draw with 3 points, and a couple of blue chip units.

Sorry if I am not much help, I am new to this as well. But going by the MRS and the WY G&F data, what you are wanting to put in for makes it a very long shot of drawing a tag period. Stick around though, I'm sure you'll find your answer here!! Good luck
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome aboard,
    Ditto on UH's advice.

PM heading your way on a related question?
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Welcome! You should draw 93 with 3 points in the special draw. It sounds like you know the Kemmerer area some already so it should be a great hunt! My first antelope hunt in WY was 93. As far as 2nd choice you have to go through the random draw (regular or special depending on what draw you are going in) and see what units had tags left after all the first choices were drawn. Points only apply to first choice so you can draw 2nd choice and still get a point. Almost any unit you can draw 2nd choice will have access issues so be sure to do your research on public land and access in them before you apply. Good luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Welcome NeverBetter.