Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reduced Price Doe/Fawn Antelope in Hunt Areas 96 & 91

Thanks folks for all your great suggestions & advice on my earlier post regarding Wyoming Type 1 Hunt Areas 96, 91, & 93. Based off your advice our party has submitted applications to the above mentioned areas in the order listed.

If drawn, we would like to pursue the reduced doe/fawn opportunities in the same areas. Based off the forum's previous experiences, please offer up some guidance on areas 96-7 (Eden-Farson Irrigation Project), 91-6, & 91-7 (Private Land & Bureau of Reclamation Land within Sweetwater County).

For the type 7 hunts is there significant access and land for multiple hunters?

For the type 6 hunt in area 91 is there significant access to public land? Based off the EHJ MRS I think this is an obvious yes, but would appreciate feed back from the forum's experiences.

Any tips or suggestions on the doe/fawn opportunities would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

WA280Guy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'd be interested to know as well. I've about decided to try and add a doe antelope to my application.

On a side note....you do know that your 2nd and 3rd choice (91 & 93) won't likely draw you a tag right?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the reply Cobbhunts. Yes, I understand the chances of drawing 91 & 93 as a second choice hunt are way below slim. I often live in a world of fantasy, it makes it easier to cope.

I like your quote. Comes at the tail end of Aaron Lewis' "Country Boy" YouTube video...Charlie Daniels I think. Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    On a side note....you do know that your 2nd and 3rd choice (91 & 93) won't likely draw you a tag right?
    In fact you are virtually guaranteed not to. Only apply for hunts with 100% draw odds for second or third choices in Wyoming.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Of those units you will only have a chance at drawing 96. To draw 2nd or 3rd choice there have to be tags left after all first choices are drawn and points do not apply to anything but 1st choice in any way. You can draw 2nd choice and still gain a point. IDK any specifics about the Eden-Farson Irrigation Project area or if there is public access. I would look for a unit with type 6 D/F tags good for the whole unit. I forget how many points you guys had or what draw you went into but you can still modify your app if you want and you would have a better chance at the D/F tags if you applied for them instead of waiting for leftovers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you Musket Man. Hunt Areas 91-6 & 93-6 fit the category. Appreciate the reply.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wour welcome! D/F tags are a good for scouting other areas you might want to hunt another time too!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes WA280, that's Charlie Daniels at the end btw. Thanks for comp, and he's right too!

Good luck and keep us posted on your draw and the hunt!!
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"