Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have already had a cow snake bit. It was cottonmouth. The young cow is recovering. I looked for cottonmouth today but didn't find any. It will amaze you how aware the snakes are of your presence. They know you are there and have not trouble seeing you at 50 ft

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Removing its head would make it relax
    I would say that would work well MM!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think I will stay away from floor-less tents for a while after reading this!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaviator View Post
    Egads!! Were you out hunting them or did you just run into them?
    Just ran over them on the road

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cobbhunts, I am glad you were kidding and will take the snake bite kit. There are definitely rattlesnakes in Wyoming, so don't tell yourself that. There were too many of these to read to see if someone said that already. My friend in high school had a freezer full for some reason. I am not sure exactly why.

The distances are one thing people coming to Wyoming seem to have trouble adjusting to. One time I told a tourist how to get to Wal-Mart. I said take a left at the next stoplight. The next stoplight was about 100 miles away. I am not sure if he figured that one out. The distance from hospitals is a concern.

One I almost stepped on a rattler. If you want to see a 280 lb man with black bushy beard squeal like a little girl and do the roadrunner running in mid air trick, you should surprise me with a rattle. Wait, don't do that, that is mean.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 04-03-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Againstthewind View Post
    Cobbhunts, I am glad you were kidding and will take the snake bite kit. There are definitely rattlesnakes in Wyoming, so don't tell yourself that. There were too many of these to read to see if someone said that already. My friend in high school had a freezer full for some reason. I am not sure exactly why.

The distances are one thing people coming to Wyoming seem to have trouble adjusting to. One time I told a tourist how to get to Wal-Mart. I said take a left at the next stoplight. The next stoplight was about 100 miles away. I am not sure if he figured that one out. The distance from hospitals is a concern.

One I almost stepped on a rattler. If you want to see a 280 lb man with black bushy beard squeal like a little girl and do the roadrunner running in mid air trick, you should surprise me with a rattle. Wait, don't do that, that is mean.
    Thanks ATW! I'm aware of the snakes and will prepare myself accordingly. I could see it being a real issue as remote as we are planning to go. If you were bit that is.

100 miles....that's just mean haha

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Removing its head would make it relax
    I do not think the Musket Man is a lover of reptiles! Here are a couple of tips for you. Old time cowboys used horsehair lariats, which they circled around their bedrolls at night. Supposedly, the rattlers did not like crawling over the rough lariats, and would keep away. Never tried that. I have a horsehair hat band, and never had a snake try to get in my hat if that counts.

Moth balls are excellent snake repellant. We have a lake house in Louisiana that does not get used much. One year, we had very high grass early in the season due to the rains. This created an ideal habitat for rats, which created a bonanza for the snakes. A few of the rodents got into the house, and the snakes followed. I went down to the lake house and found two 6 foot snake skins in the living room. I headed for Wal Mart (did not have to ask for directions) , and laid in a supply of moth balls, which I liberally applied in the attic.. Got rid of the snakes, rats, and bees in one fell swoop.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im glad the snakes are staying out of your hat these days Sawfish I have herd of cowboys putting their ropes around their bedrolls but IDK if it works or is just a story. I dont mind friendly snakes I just dont like the ones that could kill me!
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I see snakes on the side of honey locust trees....honey locust.....don't know if a lariat would stop them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In our area they group and stay in the shade of rocks in the afternoon and bask in the morning when the sun first comes up. Just learn where they are and watch where you step.