Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan The Man

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dan The Man

So I thought that it was kind of funny that an employee of EHJ wins the spot and a pair of binos. Not that he doesn't deserve it because that was an awesome hunt and a freakin phenomenal buck, congrats. It really doesn't bother me but when I saw it I just thought to myself, would I allow one of my employees to take that spot? I don't know to be honest. Maybe he wasn't an employee at the time of the hunt, I don't know, does it make a difference? I'm sure I just brought up a touchy point but I was just curious what your thoughts were? Go ahead y'all yell at me and beat me up now, lol.
    -Introduce someone to the outdoors this year-

Genesis 27:3 (NLT) "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows, and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me"

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Honestly I don't think it matters IMO. It's about the story and photos. If that's was the best that was submitted the it deserves to be in the magazine. I am just like anyone else too. I have to submit my story and photos in hopes I've done a good enough job to get in just like everyone else does.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I know where I work the employees are not allowed to enter drawings and giveaways. Those are specifically for customers and potential customers. It is a pretty standard practice among businesses.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Never in Doubt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    IKC, cool. I know things are easily taken out of context through non face to face communication and I do not want this post to be mistaken. Like I said, Dan is a heck of a nice guy and great hunter from the little I know and that question was not to take away from his accomplishment but more for myself and understanding what the general consensus was from subscribers and how they view it. I could run into that scenario for myself and like I said your/everyone's view is all I was looking for. Thanks.

Genesis 27:3 (NLT) "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows, and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just DIY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Never in Doubt View Post
    I know where I work the employees are not allowed to enter drawings and giveaways. Those are specifically for customers and potential customers. It is a pretty standard practice among businesses.
    That was my general understanding. I am curious to see what the majority think.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Dan The Man

I do understand that he seems like a great guy, he had a great story and pics. But, it doesn't really sit right with me, nothing against him at all but I believe how Never in Doubt's company handles it is the best way to deal with these types of situations.
    Last edited by NVBird'n'Big; 03-08-2014 at 02:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NVBird'n'Big For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Dan wont be on full time staff until this summer if i have all of my facts straight.

We are working on a blog and article series on how to get published. This is honestly a more relevant conversation. You wouldn't believe how many good stories we can't use because of bad pictures from cell phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I can see both sides of this. I wasn't bothered by it simply because it was a heck of a DIY solo hunt, great write up and awesome pictures. I would have had a hard time not selecting his story for the cover and it would have been a shame to keep him off it because of the connection to Eastmans. If the selection was solely based on submitted story and pics then good job. Just my opinion which doesn't really count for much.
    NRA Life Member
    Colorado Bowhunters Life Member
    Nebraska Bowhunters Life Member

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NE69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Never in Doubt View Post
    That's usually the safest way to go about things.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to packmule For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm kinda split on this issue.
    If he wasn't a full staff member at the time of submission, there isn't much difference between him and a lot of the people submitting who just happen to be professional guides, writers, or photographers.
    At the same time, I really thought that this was a chance for the blue collar, hard-core diy guy to get his hunting story out!
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the high quality writing and pics in the stories!
    I guess when its all said and done, I can see how it might not look right to some, but I don't have a problem with it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kesand72 For This Useful Post: