Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming Antelope Unit 25

Does anyone have any experience here? My group was looking at putting this at our 2nd choice as it looks like it has a decent amount of public land but wasn't sure about the ease of access to the public land. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marineman3122 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience here? My group was looking at putting this at our 2nd choice as it looks like it has a decent amount of public land but wasn't sure about the ease of access to the public land. any help will be greatly appreciated.
    marine, antelope area #25 has public land, But unfortunately any that is easily accessible is overcrowded with hunters. And most of the rest is landlocked with poor access, that's why there are always leftover tags there. Anytime an area is listed with that red asterisk access is severely limited. I know a bunch of non-residents who had that tag, and left for home without a chance at an antelope for just those reasons. Check with G&F for landowners in 25 that allow antelope hunting (most charge fees) and see if they can steer you in the right direction. Pretty late to be looking for permission though. Good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    If you are just hunting goats, you can probably find a better spot. This area gets overrun because it is in Region Y for deer which is a non-resident magnet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter View Post
    If you are just hunting goats, you can probably find a better spot. This area gets overrun because it is in Region Y for deer which is a non-resident magnet.
    Antelope Unit 25 IS NOT within deer Region Y. It's outside to the south of the entire region and is southeast of the town of Midwest. There really is enough public land to have a good hunt with the proper map and GPS with a landowner chip. I know a resident that buys a second leftover buck tag for that unit whenever they are available and he always fills his tag on BLM land.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Antelope Unit 25 IS NOT within deer Region Y. It's outside to the south of the entire region and is southeast of the town of Midwest. There really is enough public land to have a good hunt with the proper map and GPS with a landowner chip. I know a resident that buys a second leftover buck tag for that unit whenever they are available and he always fills his tag on BLM land.
    Good catch, I had it mixed up in my head with 21. What Topgun said seems right on. My dad has hunted 25 on several occasions and done well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 86 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marineman3122 View Post
    You may consider waiting a week or two before hunting- (not sure on season length). The pressure usually drops to almost none after opening weekend and there are still antelope to be found. They will be jumpy so careful stalks will be needed. I would rather have this problem than too many hunters. Checking with the GF regional office is also a great idea. The landowner fees usually drop considerably after opening weekend.