Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Every Day Carry

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I carry a glock 19 gen4. (Took a pistol class with it today actually)

Holster I have a jm custom kydex which happens to be a local and really good dude( taking a 2 day class with this weekend)

I also have another custom hybrid holster which is basically a cross breed holster.

Remember a good belt is just as important as holster. It needs to be stiff to help disperse the weight.

I would recommend only carrying one of your guns and being proficient with it so you can manipulate it like a boss if you ever have to use it to save your life. Just a thought...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm a strange one. I have had a carry permit for months and have not carried yet. I cant bring a gun to watch the daughter play basketball at school and I cant bring one to work. I often wonder why I got the permit..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 6 Posts
    SCCY GEN 2...9mm. Kydex belt holster. I know its a cheap gun but it always goes bang and it is really the most comfortable gun I have ever shot. I hate guns with any kind of safety for conceal. In my CTC class, most students struggled with their safety in mock stress situations. If I have to shoot a bad guy to protect my family, I just want to pull the trigger. The double action is my preference. Any recommendations on "better" models are welcome with this same setup. Also I have a side wuestion on this thread- How often do you guys replace your self defense ammo that you regularly carry?? I switch out clips every 4 to 5 weeks so I don't weaken the spring on my clip.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone have/carry the Springfield XDS .45m ACP? I am interested in buying it and curious what people's experience is.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    I'm a strange one. I have had a carry permit for months and have not carried yet. I cant bring a gun to watch the daughter play basketball at school and I cant bring one to work. I often wonder why I got the permit..
    Gun free zones irritate the hell out of me. "for your safety no guns allowed". I fail to see how I am safer when I just locked my gun up in my car and no one in these zones can explain it to me either. The only way it can be safe is to post armed guards at every entrance and search everyone entering it. Otherwise it is the best place for some wack job to attack since no one there can defend themselves and all the more reason to carry a well concealed gun in them. I have always said I would rather be in jail then dead!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I carry a Springfield Armory EMP in 9mm, Galco leather holster...Always carry, everyday, everywhere.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Gun free zones irritate the hell out of me. "for your safety no guns allowed". I fail to see how I am safer when I just locked my gun up in my car and no one in these zones can explain it to me either. The only way it can be safe is to post armed guards at every entrance and search everyone entering it. Otherwise it is the best place for some wack job to attack since no one there can defend themselves and all the more reason to carry a well concealed gun in them. I have always said I would rather be in jail then dead!
    I agree 100% Musket, "Gun-Free" zones are made for criminals who do not obey laws, not for law abiding gun owners.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just renewed my permit for the 3rd time for another 5 years. I carry a KelTec PF9 9mm. As the years passed I have gone to lighter weight carries. This one seems to do just fine.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_steve View Post
    Does anyone have/carry the Springfield XDS .45m ACP? I am interested in buying it and curious what people's experience is.
    They're popular, even after the recall. I really like the extended mags that are offered because it gives you a full grip, while the standard mags give the gun a smaller profile for carry. They come with a kydex holster and double mag carrier as well as two standard length mags. Nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paradox Packs
    Ultralight Hunting Backpacks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    I would recommend only carrying one of your guns and being proficient with it so you can manipulate it like a boss if you ever have to use it to save your life. Just a thought...
    Beware the man with only one gun, cause he probably knows how to use it.