Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 26 Times in 2 Posts

Cabin fever! Gotta get outside!

Well the warmer weather has officially set cabin fever in for me and I just can't handle the daily grind. Tomorrow I am hitting the hills to scout out where the bulls are hanging out and who knows I might just get lucky and stumble across some bone. Heck a buddy of mine found a great matching set of 6x6 bull sheds while pulling his kids on the sled, and that was 2 weeks ago, so who knows maybe they might start a week or two early this year. I will post up any pics of bone if I get so lucky. Anybody else feeling the winter blues?
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    It hit 75 degress today with no wind in eastern Nebraska. It was a tough day to be at work for sure! My "winter blues" are officially gone though as spring turkey and snow goose seasons are here.... one of the benefits to living in Nebraska. Good luck on your shed hunting- tip* a wise old guy taught me that binoculars find more sheds than a lot of sweat hiking.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I been having the winter something or others ever since it got below 0 in December and my main goal in life has been to keep the fire going! lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I been having the winter something or others ever since it got below 0 in December and my main goal in life has been to keep the fire going! lol
    yeah forsure been below zero most of the winter here, Its been amazing the last two days to have high 40's. Its a far cry from the negative 30 we had about 3 weeks ago

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I spent three hours at sportsmans getting new strings on my bow and a full teardown, clean up, and grease job done. That thing feels like a brand new bow!!!! Guess the strings where a tad worn, not to mention I moved my peep without pressing the bow and cut them.

Anyway...made for a fun afternoon and was able to wander the store dream about the fall, look at optics, tripods, guns, bow stuff.....

And then it occurred to me.....I should stalk the full body mounts.... Practice my form, calls, and shot placements from varying angles, heights and ranges..... My problem was they didn't really see it like i did. They didn't want me using the calls, or wandering too far with the swavorski's I was looking through. Licking the hydration tubes in every pack I tried on is apparently frowned upon as an approved testing proceedure. The last straw was when a store manager stopped me from a perfect shot on a HUGE 6x6 bull at 30 yards with a new shiney PSE shooting a sweet sexy new arrow..... I FIRMLY reminded him it was against state law to interfere with a mans hunt like that.....

So I marched back to the dressing room, took off my pack, my ghille suit, boots, left the pile on the floor and pouted while I waited for them to finish my bow.....

Call me crazy, but that dang cabin fever can make a man go mad......

Good news is my bow is like brand new!!!!!!
    I hunt because......

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Supposed to be 70 by this weekend. We have our first softball tournament this weekend so the weather will be great for that.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    I spent three hours at sportsmans getting new strings on my bow and a full teardown, clean up, and grease job done. That thing feels like a brand new bow!!!! Guess the strings where a tad worn, not to mention I moved my peep without pressing the bow and cut them.

Anyway...made for a fun afternoon and was able to wander the store dream about the fall, look at optics, tripods, guns, bow stuff.....

And then it occurred to me.....I should stalk the full body mounts.... Practice my form, calls, and shot placements from varying angles, heights and ranges..... My problem was they didn't really see it like i did. They didn't want me using the calls, or wandering too far with the swavorski's I was looking through. Licking the hydration tubes in every pack I tried on is apparently frowned upon as an approved testing proceedure. The last straw was when a store manager stopped me from a perfect shot on a HUGE 6x6 bull at 30 yards with a new shiney PSE shooting a sweet sexy new arrow..... I FIRMLY reminded him it was against state law to interfere with a mans hunt like that.....

So I marched back to the dressing room, took off my pack, my ghille suit, boots, left the pile on the floor and pouted while I waited for them to finish my bow.....

Call me crazy, but that dang cabin fever can make a man go mad......

Good news is my bow is like brand new!!!!!!

Funny thing, I was in Sportsman's this weekend too and the only thing that kept me from doing those very things was my bewildered and socially cognizant wife.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's some funny stuff there wolf. Well I saw 22 bulls today and they all had their horns except for one which had dropped both already. The one that dropped was with a 350 plus 6 point and the body of the one not packing was noticeably bigger. I think he might be the big 7 point that was in there this fall as I didn't see him at all today. There was also one other bull that would be around the 340 to 350 range that I got some pretty good video of, I will try to post the vid up tomorrow. Also found 3 mule deer sheds and one dead mule deer that was pretty nice.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I got it bad. I really want to take my mountain bike out and ride it around, preferably jump it lol
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations

Here is a short video of one of the nicer bulls we saw yesterday.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenness For This Useful Post: