Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hunt Units shown on MRS

I was comparing the Wyoming Antelope MRS unit list to the list shown on the the Game and Fish website, and noticed that several units are not listed on the MRS list. Is there a reason for this?

Thank you,

Gaston

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The MRS does not include all areas, only the areas the writers of the MRS feel are worthy of noting . . . The others must be no good . . .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    I have also noticed that WGF changed some antelope areas for this season. One example is area 38 is now much larger as they eliminated several others and included them all inside area 38 boundaries. I'm not sure if the info on the MRS accounts for this?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    I have also noticed that WGF changed some antelope areas for this season. One example is area 38 is now much larger as they eliminated several others and included them all inside area 38 boundaries. I'm not sure if the info on the MRS accounts for this?

I just got a PM from a guy yesterday asking about a number of units and which ones he should put in for based on some research he had done. Two of the units he had on his list were 36 and 40, which no longer exist, so he obviously hadn't even looked at the units listed in the application for this year to not know that! The G&F also did a similar change in elk units up toward Yellowstone and if people didn't look closely at the numbers and boundary changes they could be in deep dodo if they drew a tag thinking they are going to hunt a particular area and it's no longer even in the unit they drew.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    I just got a PM from a guy yesterday asking about a number of units and which ones he should put in for based on some research he had done. Two of the units he had on his list were 36 and 40, which no longer exist, so he obviously hadn't even looked at the units listed in the application for this year to not know that! The G&F also did a similar change in elk units up toward Yellowstone and if people didn't look closely at the numbers and boundary changes they could be in deep dodo if they drew a tag thinking they are going to hunt a particular area and it's no longer even in the unit they drew.
    That would be a bad day when you figured that out! People should definitely do their home work before applying. I had a buddy call me a few weeks ago about an elk area that he was reading about. He has top points and was trying to decide where to apply. The article he was reading painted the picture of 350 bulls all over and little hunting pressure. I went to the GF web site and the area no longer existed...lol.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Things change alot this time of year too and sometimes they are not finalized when the MRS goes to print. I always check regs before applying for any hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    There are several areas (yellow or marginal rated by Eastmans) that aren't mentioned in the MRS table for some reason. What are the particular areas you're looking at? Someone on here might have local information on the area.