Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all the great advice i really appreciate it we are really looking forward to this trip if u guys think of any other info everything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Good luck, heading to Wyoming for the first time this year as well. Getting in hiking shape cant be overstated....at the end of the day, make sure you have a great time and don't leave anything on the table.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    I will mention this again. Take care of your feet!!! This cant be overstated enough. Get a good pair of boots,good socks, and start breaking them in now if you haven't already. I have seen to many people head out west and have a terrible trip because there feet are in terrible shape after a few days. Take a look at the few foot care threads here on Eastmans. Another thing that is just as important is to get in shape period. The better shape you are in the better time you will have. I do Two week plus trips every year and it can be a grind but a great grind. Gear there are lots of good threads on gear here. Plan your trip ahead you can do lots of research online and have a fast alternate plan in case plan A doesn't workout. Since you are coming from MN I know you will not be used to the altitude. I have never been able to and I don't believe you can plan for altitude so allow a few days to acclimate. You can still hunt and scout but take it easy the first few days.
    Last edited by 25contender; 05-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 78 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    I will mention this again. Take care of your feet!!! This cant be overstated enough. Get a good pair of boots,good socks, and start breaking them in now if you haven't already. I have seen to many people head out west and have a terrible trip because there feet are in terrible shape after a few days. Take a look at the few foot care threads here on Eastmans. Another thing that is just as important is to get in shape period. The better shape you are in the better time you will have. I do Two week plus trips every year and it can be a grind but a great grind. Gear there are lots of good threads on gear here. Plan your trip ahead you can do lots of research online and have a fast alternate plan in case plan A doesn't workout. Since you are coming from MN I know you will not be used to the altitude. I have never been able to and I don't believe you can plan for altitude so allow a few days to acclimate. You can still hunt and scout but take it easy the first few days.
    Some pretty good info there!!!!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Going through the same thing, whitetail/turkey hunter heading west for the first time. Archery elk/
    Mule deer if drawn. Enjoying getting geared up and physically ready. Best of luck on your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    The altitude information is a good one for a lot of us flat landers to remember.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk