Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I dont like angled spotters and have trouble finding anything in them, but I havent used one that much either so maybe would get used to it if I did. Some guys really like them. 1 advantage is you can use a slightly shorter tripod with an angled. Trying it is definitely a good idea!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use a straight eyepiece. The advantage of straight is it can make finding the game in the scope a little more instinctive. The advantage of the angled is it can be a little more compact and it allows you to use a shorter tripod, saving some weight, and lowering your profile when glassing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    One thing to keep in mind with a Swarovski is (I'm about 100% sure on this) the warranty is not transferable. With the Vortex you get the best warranty you can ask for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    One thing to keep in mind with a Swarovski is (I'm about 100% sure on this) the warranty is not transferable. With the Vortex you get the best warranty you can ask for.
    I just called customer service and they assured me that the warranty transfers with the product forever. They still want to run the s/n to make sure that it was at one time bought from an authorized dealer. If it was then the warranty is still good.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Anytime you can get high end optics and a great price used, it deserves a look as to condition & price. My top of the line Leupold B & C HD was less than 1/2 and only a year old!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DIYLife View Post
    I just called customer service and they assured me that the warranty transfers with the product forever. They still want to run the s/n to make sure that it was at one time bought from an authorized dealer. If it was then the warranty is still good.
    I recently purchased a new Swarovski so I'll have to check my warranty card. I was pretty sure it read non-transferable. Maybe this is a case of what they say isn't actually what they do.......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Swaro's USA warranty as written is pretty convoluted, IMO. It warrantees "the optical system" for the lifetime (product or owner lifetime?) for "defects in materials or worksmanship" when the product was purchased by US Residents from an authorized US dealer.

"All other parts" of the product are waranteed for ten years except "electronic components" are warranteed for 2 years from purchase.

The reality is, however, that SONA has a reputation of taking care of even used buyers of their products, as long as they didn't come through the gray market.

As to the OP's question regarding the non-HD ATS, I would prefer the Vortex Razor HD85 from an optical standpoint.

Also, there are no questions about the Vortex warranty.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Swaro's USA warranty as written is pretty convoluted, IMO. It warrantees "the optical system" for the lifetime (product or owner lifetime?) for "defects in materials or worksmanship" when the product was purchased by US Residents from an authorized US dealer.

"All other parts" of the product are waranteed for ten years except "electronic components" are warranteed for 2 years from purchase.

The reality is, however, that SONA has a reputation of taking care of even used buyers of their products, as long as they didn't come through the gray market.

As to the OP's question regarding the non-HD ATS, I would prefer the Vortex Razor HD85 from an optical standpoint.

Also, there are no questions about the Vortex warranty.
    Bitterroot Bulls,

That was my original concern with the scope. For the same price I can get the Vortex Razor HD85, as for packing it around it is almost a full 2lbs heavier. Today I would take optical standpoint over the weight/sizw. When I am in the backcountry I might be swayed the other way. Man, this decision is harder than I anticipated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by DIYLife View Post
    Man, this decision is harder than I anticipated.
    Trust me, I know what you mean.

Paralysis by analysis.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I own a Swaro and a Vortex. Take the Swaro.

BTW, Swaro is great on warranty (in fact, they are repairing an eyepiece of mine right now that I bought used). Like was mentioned, verify it was originally sold via an authorized dealer in USA and you are good to go.