Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High end binos

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just picked up a pair of Zeiss Victory HT 10X42's. These are my first pair of high end bino's and they blow my old Nikon Monarch's out of the water. Couldent pass em up after finding them online at 10% off on a March Madness sale, plus Zeiss currently has a $125.00 rebate offer on the HT's. I will compare them to the Swaro's and Vortex next week at work(a couple coworkers own them) and will be able to check low light performance from all three.
    I was considering the Swaro's and Vortex but the price and review's on the HT's made my decision easy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ando_31 View Post
    I just noticed you said you have 2-3k rifle scopes on all your guns. I think most would agree that your binos and spotting scopes should be where you spend your big bucks. It is likely that you would be a more successful western hunter having that money invested into "glassing" optics. You can spend countless hours looking through binos and spotters but only look through the rifle scope for a few seconds...assuming all goes as planned.
    I'm not sure that I would completely agree..... (I think he said "HAD" 3K scopes, although the ones he has are not bad)

I'm not saying that I completely disagree either, but if someone handed me a gift certificate for $1400 for swarovskis I don't know if I'd go scope or binoculars if I had working midrange optics in both.

Sure enough Swarovski Binos were my first leap.
    Second Swaro item was a scope that I had for almost two years before I could afford the gun underneath.

Having looked through several fogged up piece of crap scopes over the years I would argue that I can reach over and grab a buddies field glass, or return to the truck and grab a standby set of binoculars, but you don't put cross hairs on an animal with your binoculars.
    Right now most of my scopes are middle of the road, And I am thinking about some 12X50s
    So I guess I talked my self into agreeing with Ando
    Last edited by OregonJim; 03-13-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
    I'm not sure that I would completely agree..... (I think he said "HAD" 3K scopes, although the ones he has are not bad)

I'm not saying that I completely disagree either, but if someone handed me a gift certificate for $1400 for swarovskis I don't know if I'd go scope or binoculars if I had working midrange optics in both.

Sure enough Swarovski Binos were my first leap.
    Second Swaro item was a scope that I had for almost two years before I could afford the gun underneath.

Having looked through several fogged up piece of crap scopes over the years I would argue that I can reach over and grab a buddies field glass, or return to the truck and grab a standby set of binoculars, but you don't put cross hairs on an animal with your binoculars.
    Right now most of my scopes are middle of the road, And I am thinking about some 12X50s
    So I guess I talked my self into agreeing with Ando
    I wish all my disagreements with my fiance went that well...

I didn't mean go out and buy a barska rifle scope. I was just trying to get the point across that a good $400 leupold scope and $2000 binos/spotter would make for a better pair than a $2000 rifle scope and $300 dollar pair of binos....at least in my mind. Spend the money where you will gain the most from it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ando_31 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts
    LOL
    My arguments with myself usually don't go that well either !!!!!
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 5 Posts
    The reason I have and have had such high end scopes were for 1000 yard F class matches and tactical matches, I didn't need to spend so much money on premier, Schmidt & Bender and nightforce but thought I needed to try them all. Now I'm hunting with a $300 dollar pair of binos, and I have no idea why I haven't upgraded yet. I keep thinking of that saying, buy once cry once and just need to figure out what I want to get. I'm guessing I should probably get a new pair before alaska in sept if I want to see anything.lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Retterath For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah FD that would be awesome if I could get some feed back on those binos you and your coworkers have. I would be curious what you thought of them in low light.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I would take high end binos and spotter over a high end scope any day of the week! I can and have killed lots of animals with open sights. I have never killed anything I couldnt find because I had cheap binos.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Your right there musket man if u can't find it u can't kill it

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Daddy View Post
    Just picked up a pair of Zeiss Victory HT 10X42's. These are my first pair of high end bino's and they blow my old Nikon Monarch's out of the water. Couldent pass em up after finding them online at 10% off on a March Madness sale, plus Zeiss currently has a $125.00 rebate offer on the HT's. I will compare them to the Swaro's and Vortex next week at work(a couple coworkers own them) and will be able to check low light performance from all three.
    I was considering the Swaro's and Vortex but the price and review's on the HT's made my decision easy.
    Those HT's are great, I think they are the most under appreciated optic for the price and the light. They also carry the unlimited lifetime warranty. Congratulations on the purchase.
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    I love my Zeiss Rangefinding 10x45's. . Best investment Ive ever made for my gear. I spend countless hours behind optics each fall; its my job. I used to use one of the high-end Leupold models, and i really dont have anything bad to say about them, They make great Truck binos now adays. But, I immediately noticed the clarity and low-light difference in the Zeiss. They are amazing. The other guides in our camp all have Swaro's. I personally prefer my Zeiss over theirs, but maybe its just personal preference. No matter, Any of the big 3 is worth the upgrade to. Especially if your heading to AK. I have ranged objects to 1700, which i do when i get board in the middle of the day, and have ranged animals out to 1500. . The Zeiss are quick and instant with ranging.