Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: High end binos

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    You already have the best range finder money can buy, order the non range finder EL's and get it over with Im about to call your wife ans have her do it for you! lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't substitute the glass you want for the range finder. I don't know how the range finder bino warranties work, but I know most range finders themselves are only warrantied for 2 years. Maybe the glass and range finder have separate warranties. Just another thing to consider.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes ando the Swarovski el range have only 2 year warranty

Ok musket man I'm going to do it. I'm getting the el's. Thanks for all your help guys
    I would probably be in the nut house if you guys weren't here helping me out. Lol

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    The one thing the Zeiss do have if you havent read about it yet, is they have a built in ballistic drop calculator up to 600 yards. They have about a dozen different profiles you easily choose from and when you range something it tells you exactly what your bullet is doing based on that profile. For all the main calibers it is easy to find a profile that is within an 1" of your load. It just takes a second to switch between them as well. Its great for me when i have clients with different calibers all season. I just ask them what they are shooting or just look at their bullets and what they are zeroed at, and choose a profile on my binos so i know what to tell them their bullet drops if we are shooting long distance. . It does only do this out to 600 though. But personally i wont ever be shooting at game beyond that distance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Retterath View Post
    Wow great job jndeer, everyone needs to read that if looking at new binos. Do u ever wish u had a rangefinder built into the bino's? This is where I don't know what to do. The geovids B don't have that angle compensation till after 100 yards plus the Swarovski el range, the closest they range is 30 yards and plus the range button is on the right side, kinda hard to hold bow with left and range at the same time. Has anyone ever used the bushnell fusion 1 mile the new version. They have button on right side and also have angle compensation but don't know how the glass would be.
    Thanks.

I think it is up to each person and what they prefer. I have always had a range finder separate from my bino and have adapted my hunting style around that. I have not had a missed opportunity at any animal because of it, so I don't feel the need to change it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well guys thanks for all the help. I pulled the trigger and ordered the Swarovski el 10x42. Now just going to have to get a good bino system. I really like the fhf bino system thinkI'm gonna try that and the rangefingpder add on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought my 10-42 Swarovski's back in the early 90s. I still have the receipt and I pd $850.00. Last year I sent them in for a refirb. They basically sent me back a new pair, All new glass outer shield, new eyecups new lens covers ETC. It cost me $175.00 including shipping. I didn't think that was to bad in return for a new pair of 10-42s. I got them back in 4 weeks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats on the purchase Retterath, I don't think you will have buyers remorse.
    Thanks Contender, I paid about the same for my first pair 8X SLC and they are about the same age.
    Great to know that they refurbed them at a reasonable cost.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i figured if i spent the money on good glass im going to have these for the long run and if they rebuild like u said oregon it will be worth it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Retterath View Post
    Well guys thanks for all the help. I pulled the trigger and ordered the Swarovski el 10x42. Now just going to have to get a good bino system. I really like the fhf bino system thinkI'm gonna try that and the rangefingpder add on.
    You could also look at KUIUs bino harness. I used to use the S4Gear one and it was always sagging, KUIU came out with there's and I love it to death. Crawling this year after a mature buck in archery and they never sagged off my chest or got in the way. Just a thought.