Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Broadhead

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've tried quite a few heads and am stuck on the WAC'EM heads. I have been shooting the 4 blade Triton lately and they perform great. 2 hogs and a buck this year. One hog was shot lengthwise at 25 yards and had pass through. Hog was about 100 lbs.
    Incredible product.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have great results from the standard slick tricks. Fly great and leave a great hole!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For those of you using slick tricks, can I ask what made you try these broad heads? I only heard of them last year when a buddy was using them and he said he chose them for the short overall length to be more like a field point. Made sense to me, and they shot great from his bow. I did not like how small diameter they are though. We had a very hard time tracking an elk in Wyoming and then a deer that he shot back in Minnesota. For the popularity, I don't take this as being the norm from these broad heads though.

I use and love Rage 2 blades. I haven’t had one fail me but I have a buddy that hates Rage cause he lost a couple deer from when using them.

For a best broad head out there, agree with many of you that the shooter needs to do a little testing to see what works for his/her set up.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I started researching broad heads last year( I was shooting a Rage and had lost two animals) from all the forums I searched and pictures I had seen, I thought I would give the Slick Tricks a try. They impact where my field points do and are scary sharp out of the package. I went with the Magnums for a bigger hole. I have only shot one Mule deer with them so far, but the blood trail was great and he only went about 50yds. If you have friends with some broad heads that you are interested in, see if they will give you one to try and make sure they will shoot well out of your bow and arrow combination. Good luck in your search there are a lot of great heads out there!
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shoot a helix with my deep six insert.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme minnesotan View Post
    For those of you using slick tricks, can I ask what made you try these broad heads? I only heard of them last year when a buddy was using them and he said he chose them for the short overall length to be more like a field point. Made sense to me, and they shot great from his bow. I did not like how small diameter they are though. We had a very hard time tracking an elk in Wyoming and then a deer that he shot back in Minnesota. For the popularity, I don't take this as being the norm from these broad heads though.

I use and love Rage 2 blades. I haven’t had one fail me but I have a buddy that hates Rage cause he lost a couple deer from when using them.

For a best broad head out there, agree with many of you that the shooter needs to do a little testing to see what works for his/her set up.
    Of the many fixed blade heads wac-em, slick and shuttle's always seem to pop up. So, 4 years ago after shooting a pig at 10 feet with a rage and having it penetrate about 6" I switched to the slicks (as did my brother and cousin). We have a decent tally of critters under the slicks and never had a blood trail that ran out before we found the animal. We use the Magnums and they have left a big hole in everything we have shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use slick trick magnums. I have tried shuttle, all the G5s, magnus, muzzey, and many other brands over the years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Springville View Post
    I did extensive testing last year on broadheads.
    We shot 5 different fixed blade heads over 100 times each.
    We tracked accuracy, and penetration.
    We also attempted to look at durability, but they all were good in this area.
    The 2 broadheads that stood out in accuracy and penetration were:
    -Wacem
    -Slick Tricks.

Shuttle T were a close 3rd, as they were very accurate, but lacked a little in penetration and initial sharpness.
    However, I have killed animals with 7 different broadheads, and they seems to all work pretty good
    Can I ask what the other two heads were?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Muzzy MX4. Makes a big hole and is tough on bones. Two years ago dropped a bull with a bad shot to the spine. Tried to recover BH and broke it with a pair of pliers while trying to pull out of bone. MX4 is tricky to tune but makes a bigger hole than MX3. 6 bulls in the last 7 years with these BHs. I won't be changing anytime soon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I noticed no one has mentioned the muzzy trocar or Thunderhead edge. Both have offset blade designs and claim to fly like field points. I know they are fairly new but has anyone had any experience with either?