Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Those look amazing! I would recommend you treat the antler furniture with something that will stain or colorize the antlers and you may also want to waterproof the antlers and furniture. This should "kidproof" the furniture as well, then they will be easy to clean if there are spills or stains etc. I hope this helps!
    trophy antler chandelier
    keith

Thanks
    Innovative and unique furniture designs are new life into your home.An awesome furniture with little paintings reflects good contract over the visitors and relatives coming in home.This is really helpful to take nice ideas to make your home more beautiful.
    Last edited by Adrian8100; 02-03-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks

Thank you! Looks great. Did as you suggest, worked great on bleached out antiques

Quote Originally Posted by c-ne-elk View Post
    The best way I have found to darken antlers is using Pine Tar. You can buy it in small cans at a animal feed store or off the Internet and a small can goes a L-O-N-G way. It is at feed stores because it is used to treat horses. (I am not sure what it is treating)

The pine tar will be REALLY, REALLY thick, the consistancy of peanut butter or thicker. Thin a small amount of it down using turpentine (from any lumber yard or paint supplier) but keep it thick, wipe it on the antler and wipe down to get a good coat on it. It will take several coats and will take a while for it to completely dry to where it is not tacky but when you are done it is the perfect color. You can even fade it out toward the end of an elk antler to give it ivory points. It works great and will not fade out. Moose antler are typically very light or white inside the palms and I have used this same method to darken them up. Besides, most animals rub their velvet off on their antlers on what? Pine trees and the pine sap gives them their color.
    100 yo bleached out set of antlers stored by a garage window...almost white. They look like they ought to have for the past 90 years now! Thanks! (and this is cheap!)