Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    The new pack just arrived. Will break into the box after work. Right on time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    My nomad arrived last week. I like it so far!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Spent some time with the DT1 and Bikini frame last night. The first thing I noticed was how many different adjustments there are on the pack. I did a basic setup with the belt and shoulder straps and really like how the pack works. I am sure it will take a few hikes to get everything exactly right. BB was right about the waist belt. Comparing the waist-belts from my other packs with this one there is really no comparison. I put my training load in the pack which is 60lbs and after adjusting the belt I was surprised that there was no binding on the hips or around the shoulders. The large lumbar pad fits well though it is a big change for me.
    The next thing I noticed the load lifting straps are considerably different. They really work and it doesn't take much adjustment to change the feel of the load. The bikini frame is interesting it does feel different and I like the space between my back and the pack. The bikini frame also spreads the weight a little differently than the internal frames I am used to. I do like the way the weight is distributed. I also like the way the pack packs up instead of out. This really makes the center of gravity of the pack closer to the body.

As far as the pack itself. very nice and once again there are many ways to configure the pack. I gave 60lbs of gravel in a sack inside the pack right now and I was amazed how small the pack has compressed. It actually compresses smaller than my J34 which is a much smaller pack. I received a small and med external pouch with the pack but didn't get a chance to install them yet. My 3liter CamelBak - Antidote Reservoir fits perfect in the water bladder storage area and it is easy to get too. I like the way you can separate the sleeping bag area from the load area of the pack. The pack has a internal flap that allows you to separate the two if you wish.

That is as far as I got with the pack last night. I will be using it Thursday for my weekly 4 mile hike so I will make another post later in the week.
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-22-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    today I took the plunge and ordered a longhunter with a bikini frame.looking forward to it was going to get the dt1 but they had a few longhunters on sale and just couldn't resist the savings

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turk870 View Post
    today I took the plunge and ordered a longhunter with a bikini frame.looking forward to it was going to get the dt1 but they had a few longhunters on sale and just couldn't resist the savings
    Out of curiosity, why did you go with the long hunter over others?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Out of curiosity, why did you go with the long hunter over others?
    price mainly they had the foliage bag for 227.was looking at the timberlan1.whitch the longhunter is close just without the pockets.desided for the savings I would go with the longhunter and after talking with joe@kifaru the bikini frame would best suite my needs.did get two hip pockets and the gun bearer.after reading as much as I could find on packs kifaru was one of the companys that almost everything I could find was positive.looked at the kuiu ultra as well (the price was very attractive)but it was 50/50 on what people were saying either liking or not,and I just wasn't willing to chance it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I will be doing a 4 mile hike tomorrow. I will report back on the bikini frame. I think It's really going to feel good with a full pack.
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-24-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am basically a sceptical guy til I try something myself. I always wonder if It's worth the money for all the hype. Most if the time the hype is not worth the extra cash.
    Today my nephew and I went on our weekly trek and will say that I was totally impressed with the way the new pack performed. I had my normal 60lbs of weight in the pack. After a few minor adjustments we were off on our hike. As mentioned the belt is the best belt I have had on a pack. There was no binding of any kind on the hips and the lumbar pad really is comfortable. There is a slight squeak in the buckle on the front of the belt that I will have to look into. Over the 4 miles I didn't have to make any adjustments except for a slight load lifter tightening. The pack road well and was extremely comfortable. I was sceptical about the bikini frame but it lived up to its reputation. It is super solid for its weight with no flex . The pads on the frame do rotate slightly to conform to your back shape. I like the way the frame allows some air to circulate on your back. I felt about 50% drier at the end of the hike. My shoulder felt great and I attribute that to the great waste belt. I will say it again the belt is just fantastic. The pack also compressed down nicely. And was one of my main concerns. Not anymore. This is the first pack that I would love to add more weight to and that's saying a lot. More to come.
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-24-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, you bought one of the best packs on the market! Should work out great for you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Well, you bought one of the best packs on the market! Should work out great for you.
    So far so good!! I like it.