Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info on the new pack. I bought my first Kifaru last year and am amazed at how nice they are to use. I wish I would have bought one a lot sooner. You are going to love yours.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Alright I have hiked quite a few miles with the Dt1. I really cant say anything negative about the pack. There are so many different combinations to compress the pack that I am still experimenting with that. It seems that with a full or partially full pack all the different compression configurations I have tried have worked. The slight squeak in the buckle on the belt has gone away after some use. Very impressed with the pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Pack Update******

Getting ready to head on this years Elkhunt in less then two weeks and thought I would update about the pack. I have logged about 70 miles with the Pack since I received it. 95% of these miles have been with 60+ lbs and this is the first pack I have looked forward to strapping on and taking a trek. It did take me a few weeks to learn all the adjustments on the pack and a little while longer to get used to the lumbar pad. All the other packs I have used have had either a thin or almost non existent lumbar pad. I have been running about 80% of the weight on the hipbelt and 20% on the shoulder straps. To be honest with you the 60+ lbs I have been packing really feels like less than 50 lbs. Once again the hip belt is quite amazing on this pack. There is absolutely no hip binding with it at all. With my other packs it would feel like the circulation was sometimes being cut off around the hips. There has been no problems like that with this pack. I also like the way the pack packs up instead of low, back and wide. This is great for the balance of heavy weight in the pack. You don't feel as if you are tipping in one direction or the other. Another thing I like which I didn't think I would is all the extra adjustment and compression straps. With these straps it really makes it easy to tighten and adjust the load. The internal hydration pocket with bladder hanger is extremely nice, My 3 liter CamelBack bladder fits perfectly in this compartment and with the Quick disconnect outside the pack filling the bladder is a snap with my water filter. After putting all the miles on the pack that I have I am impressed with the quality and more importantly the comfort of the pack. Good Hunting everyone!! Mark
    Last edited by 25contender; 08-29-2014 at 08:11 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post:

5. The Following User Says Congratulations to 25contender For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ok so I made it back from Montana. This was the first real world test with the pack in the mountains. It was a absolute beast. I didn't get tired, sore, or uncomfortable once even while packing out two elk in one week. I cant say enough about the Kifaru setup. It packed 100lbs of meat like it was 60 lbs. Kudos to them for making a great system. Mark

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 7 Posts
    Thanks for the review.