Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain biking

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Go to the shop by rc willey out south of town. It's across the street from Starbucks and next to lamp post. Pretty cool guy and will set you up!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    I was at Target the other day and saw a nice Schwinn for $300. I'm not a mountain biker but I'm tempted to pick one up.
    Go to the shop by rc willey out south of town. It's across the street from Starbucks and next to lamp post. Pretty cool guy and will set you up!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green

3. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I've been in there a few times, it's close to my house. I'm not in the market for a new mtn bike, I just saw the one at target and thought it was a good deal for a good lookin bike. My money is going to new hunting gear this year. I'm perfectly happy with my old mtn bike and my beach cruiser with the cup holder I roll around on drinking beer on the bike paths by my house in the summer haha

Thanks
    Congratulations

Mountain biking

I've been in there a few times, it's close to my house. I'm not in the market for a new mtn bike, I just saw the one at target and thought it was a good deal for a good lookin bike. My money is going to new hunting gear this year. I'm perfectly happy with my old mtn bike and my beach cruiser with the cup holder I roll around on drinking beer on the bike paths by my house in the summer haha
    Lol, I am sure the neighbors like that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    Lol, I am sure the neighbors like that.
    We live in Nevada man, anything goes! Plus my neighbors do it with me!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We live in Nevada man, anything goes! Plus my neighbors do it with me!
    True lol. My neighbors don't, they are from California

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was at Target the other day and saw a nice Schwinn for $300. I'm not a mountain biker but I'm tempted to pick one up.
    You will appreciate a good mtn bike..just like good optics...ya get what you pay for. Get a hard tail, usually easier to pedal without suspension bounce (they may have fixed that, my knowledge is about 15 years out of date)..........get good brakes - OR- go reeeellllly slooooooow coming off the hill with a loaded pack
    Member NRA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to huntwhenican For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by huntwhenican View Post
    You will appreciate a good mtn bike..just like good optics...ya get what you pay for. Get a hard tail, usually easier to pedal without suspension bounce (they may have fixed that, my knowledge is about 15 years out of date)..........get good brakes - OR- go reeeellllly slooooooow coming off the hill with a loaded pack
    I absolutely agree. I was more talking to Extreme Minnesotan who was looking for an affordable bike. I am not a mountain biker and don't have a need for a really good one. I ride my old mtn bike running my dogs and/or with my kid in the trailer behind it. I do live right on the edge of town with open blm land and roads all around me which I cruise around on. As far as hunting on one goes, I think it could be a useful tool in some places and I would definitely want one if I ever drew a Sheldon Refuge antelope tag here in NV but I would rather buy a $1,200 spotting scope than $1,200 bike at this point in my life.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I absolutely agree. I was more talking to Extreme Minnesotan who was looking for an affordable bike. I am not a mountain biker and don't have a need for a really good one. I ride my old mtn bike running my dogs and/or with my kid in the trailer behind it. I do live right on the edge of town with open blm land and roads all around me which I cruise around on. As far as hunting on one goes, I think it could be a useful tool in some places and I would definitely want one if I ever drew a Sheldon Refuge antelope tag here in NV but I would rather buy a $1,200 spotting scope than $1,200 bike at this point in my life.
    Yes I am looking for that $1200 spotting scope...I already own a $800 mtn bike (1995 dollars)
    Member NRA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    yeah those full susp bikes are crazy awesome and crazy expensive, used to go down to moab every year and hit the slick rocks but as was said, id rather put that extra money towards optics or hell, even a beat up truck for that matter.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post: