Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain biking

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 5 Posts

Mountain biking

Years ago i would step up my prep for the hunt a month before the hunt then i started mountain biking and it changed everything my training never ends year round in live in socal next to the mountains and my normal ride is about 11 miles with 2000' of climb i try to ride three times a week or more but my work makes it tough. I use a app called Strava to keep track of my rides and runs its also good for finding new trails to ride mtb has turned into a hole new obsession and a lot of fun and better yet my endurance for my back pack hunts are thew the roof. Any of you guys in to Mtb also
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    I love using the mt bike to get the legs in shape. Have you ever hunted on one, or used it to bring out an animal?
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 5 Posts
    Ya i have hunted up in our local san gabriel mountains on my bike i get a lot weird looks riding down the street dressed in camo with a back back and a bow
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I absolutely love mountain biking. My knees were trashed. Couldn't climb much without severe pain. Mountain biking has fixed that.

For a while I got into downhill mountain biking. Then I remembered that old people shatter when they crash in the rocks. Sold the long travel bike and now just ride the all mountain bike. I haven't been on it all winter, so the first couple of rides are gonna be tough. It seems to come back quick though.

That Strava app is awesome. I have a friend who races and uses that. It's impressive what he does with it.
    Last edited by ckink65284; 03-19-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 6 Posts
    I have one. Don't really go on many trails though. Just use it for riding around and racing with my brother lol.

I love riding on the trails I find, but it's more of a fun exercise and love doing "tricks" on them.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Went and looked at bikes last weekend. I plan on riding alot when I get one. I've been debating the full suspension or hardtail. I'll check out the Strava app.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am also interested in getting a mountain bike. Anyone with great knowledge on brands would be great. I looked at a few and I defiantly can't afford top of the line but a good mid range to lower end is what I am looking for. Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 5 Posts
    Saw one yesterday at scheels with the big wide tires for riding in the back country, had a bow strapped on the side rack. Looks pretty cool, could probably ride the horse trails through the mountains with that thing. Can't remember the name, but it was just over $2,000, thought that was a little steep!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhoundman View Post
    Saw one yesterday at scheels with the big wide tires for riding in the back country, had a bow strapped on the side rack. Looks pretty cool, could probably ride the horse trails through the mountains with that thing. Can't remember the name, but it was just over $2,000, thought that was a little steep!
    I saw the same one at Scheels last weekend, had the poster next to it with the guy fully camo'd out with his bow and I thought "sweet" then I looked at the price tag and almost passed out!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme minnesotan View Post
    I am also interested in getting a mountain bike. Anyone with great knowledge on brands would be great. I looked at a few and I defiantly can't afford top of the line but a good mid range to lower end is what I am looking for. Thanks
    I was at Target the other day and saw a nice Schwinn for $300. I'm not a mountain biker but I'm tempted to pick one up.