Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ammunition & Reloading Supplies Availability

I get most of my reloading components and ammo (mostly rimfire) from a local supplier who does not have a storefront outlet. He called me a couple of days ago to tell me he has picked up 10# of Goex BP at a recent gunshow to see if I wanted it. I scooped it up at $12.00 a pound...a real buy!. As I looked at his shelves (which are usually pretty sparse) I noticed quite a bit of powder, rimfire ammo and primers. He always has lots of bullets. He told me that supplies are starting to get better. Prices are high, but I expected that.

I bought 2 pounds of 4831 SC which I hadn't been able to get for a year or more, a brick (500 rounds) of .17 HMR which as been scarce ( prairie dogs...look out!) and a couple of bricks of Aguila Match Pistol .22 ammo. Also got 1000 209 primers.

Hope maybe things are loosening up a little. I was very happy to get the 4831 SC as it is what I use in my 25-06 and I was almost out.

Just sayin.................
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been noticing a little uptick in supplies around here as well, however it's mostly the niche components and nothing that I use. I have ran out of some powders that I use in the last year and have had to figure some new loads out based on availability of components which has been kind of a pain, but fun at the same time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was able to get some powder at a local store not long ago, they had a fair amount on their shelf.

CC I use IMR 4831 in my 25-06, it does pretty good. I have used the SC 4831 too, but haven't been able to get it for a while now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not many components available at Wal-Mart or the LGS. Powder is hit or miss, NO large rifle or magnum primers. And there are NO bullets that I use in .308 (Barnes TTSX/ Hornady GMX or Nosler Accubonds. However, loaded ammo in popular calibers seems to be coming in fairly regularly, and there are decent quantities available, although the prices have sure spiked. And of course, NO 22's!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Stop into your local Sportman's on the day they get their shipments and you will see the problem. There will be a line of blue haired bunker dwellers snatching up 22LR and any other popular ammo/component the second they put it out. Until that mentality stops it will not get better.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It got better for a little while here in late fall but didnt last long although I think its a little better then it was a year ago. I hope 22 CB comes back sometime soon. I use them to shoot pigeons off the barn roof and Im about out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I noticed earlier this week that Cabela's had Federal 210M primers available on their website. They would not allow shipping to the local Cabelas store for in-store pickup, so you had to incur the hazmat fee. I checked their website a couple of hours later and they were out. Also, noticed that BassPro had RL22 and some other RL powders on their website (prices are very high, though) earlier this week. I ordered some RL22 and had it shipped to my local BassPro store for pickup to avoid the hazmat fee. I've been fortunate and have been able to purchase Nosler Accubonds and Ballistic Tips pretty regularly from a local gun shop.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i found some sub 22lr in walmart a couple weeks ago 50 for 2.99 ...i think thats what it used to be

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was in a Sportsmans Warehouse a month ago and the shelves were totally empty. I mean empty! Stopped by last weekend and everything was stocked. Looks like supply is opening up. Same for guns as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bughalli View Post
    Same for guns as well.
    ya every pawnshop i have been to lately has 2-3 cheap ar-15s too