Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S4 bino harness

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    dont go waisting your money on the badland ones.... seriously way over priced
    I've had a badlands case for about 6 years now and it's showing some signs of wear but I've beat the crap out of it, over priced?? Definitely, but well worth the ease of use and extra protection compared to the Kuiu and S4(I'll never recommend this one either), which I have sold both now. That being said this is about the only badlands product I'd endorse in any way.
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    That reminds me.....if you get the Kuiu harness make sure you get the right size for your binos. I have the cabela's euro HD in 10x42 and even though they fit in the small harness, they get a little hung up on the edges by the straps. They have real small strap openings on the binos so the straps don't fit all the way down like designed. With that all said, I can still get them out one handed now that I know what I'm doing. Just a thought.....
    Reviving am old thread I know but I am about to buy the kuiu harness for my vortex viper 10x42s, just making sure I am good to go with the regular size harness and you wouldn't recommend doing the XL. The cutoff seems to be at 10x42 I don't want too tight but I obviously don't want too loose. The return process with kuiu is a pain in the butt so I want to make sure I get it right the first time. Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    Reviving am old thread I know but I am about to buy the kuiu harness for my vortex viper 10x42s, just making sure I am good to go with the regular size harness and you wouldn't recommend doing the XL. The cutoff seems to be at 10x42 I don't want too tight but I obviously don't want too loose. The return process with kuiu is a pain in the butt so I want to make sure I get it right the first time. Thanks!
    I have the Cabelas Euro glasses in 10x42 and they would of fit fine if the eyelets for the straps weren't so small. They still fit, but can get hung up on the rings for the straps. Plus they are more bulky then most binos that size. I would think the regular size would be fine as long as the eyelets are reasonably sized and not extremely small like my binos. Hope that helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140609_211404.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	9674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140609_211438.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	9675
    Last edited by tdub24; 06-09-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Add pictures

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Tdub!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    Right, all Vortex 10x42s fit just fine in the standard Large.

Todd

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSurArcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    Right, all Vortex 10x42s fit just fine in the standard Large.

Todd
    Awesome, thanks Todd!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You will like the KUIU. Night and day better than a badlands. I have had the badlands for many years and among the many problems, the top straps force the top to pull away from the body, the lid snaps closed after you pull out the binos forcing 2 hands to put them back in, and when belly crawling they will open and scoop dirt into the harness.
    Anything will work when you're standing up. Belly crawl to get a shot at an Antelope and you'll soon find what doesn't work very well.
    The key to the KUIU is snug side straps and pulling the lid tensioners tight enough to have the lid snap over the bino eye cups and stay there. When the harness is snugged up you won't have that "big lump" feeling you get with other harness's. Watch the kuiu instruction video, it will help a bunch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    You will like the KUIU. Night and day better than a badlands. I have had the badlands for many years and among the many problems, the top straps force the top to pull away from the body, the lid snaps closed after you pull out the binos forcing 2 hands to put them back in, and when belly crawling they will open and scoop dirt into the harness.
    Anything will work when you're standing up. Belly crawl to get a shot at an Antelope and you'll soon find what doesn't work very well.
    The key to the KUIU is snug side straps and pulling the lid tensioners tight enough to have the lid snap over the bino eye cups and stay there. When the harness is snugged up you won't have that "big lump" feeling you get with other harness's. Watch the kuiu instruction video, it will help a bunch.
    Thanks WB! This whole thread was very helpful, I almost bought the S4 but didn't like not having full containment of the binos, on top of everything I've experienced from Kuiu being top notch I think it's a no brainer for me. I finally got some great binos (thanks Hardstalk!) and I want to make sure I get the perfect harness.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
    Watch the kuiu instruction video, it will help a bunch.
    I know the video helped me a lot in setting up my harness!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The KUIU does not completely enclose the binos like a badlands. There is a section of the back, next to your body that is open. I can take a pic of mine if you need/want to see it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WapitiBob For This Useful Post: