Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    I went with the Zen Ray ED2's and so far I am really impressed.

I'm glad you like them, elkhunter. I would like to hear how they hold up, and how your experience compares to mine.

Thanks
    What binos do you guys take into the back country when packing in? I really want to sell my leupold golden rings and get something lighter. My neck can't take another hunt.

Thanks
    Drhorsepower,

I bet if you start a thread with that question, you are going to get a wide variety of answers. I would be interested to hear. Personally, I don't skimp on the glass, even on deep backcountry hunts. It is a full-size 10X42 that I take (currently SLCs, although it has been, and will be others, including the mentioned ED2s). A good bino harness, and I don't really notice the weight.

It will be an interesting thread.

Thanks
    Look at the Steiner line. They have excellent quality glass and I can look through mine all day long and never strain. They don't break the bank and for the money I think are hard to beat. I have the Steiner Merlin 10x42's. They cost me around $800 when I bought them 4.5 years ago. I think they're in the $500 - $600 range now.

Thanks
    I shipped the Zen ED2's back today. They are nice glass but they allowed me to send them back in exchange for the ED3'S. I let you know what I think when I get them.

Thanks
    I recently heard about the ED3s myself.

I will be waiting for your impressions, elkhunter.

Thanks
    In your price range I would look at Minox. Go to .....www.cameralandny.com... they are sponsers on a lot of hunting sites and they know optics. They will answer any questions you have, I have never heard a bad word about them and I have been seeing guys post up a lot of good things and good prices about camera land for a long time on a lot of hunting sites.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    I am looking for some good advice. I am going to get some new 10x42 binoculars this year. I only have $500-$600 to spend. For the money, what would you buy?

Thanks
    Nikon Monarchs 12x42 $300-$350, awesome set of binoculars and saves you a couple hundred dollars for beer!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toadbrown View Post
    Nikon Monarchs 12x42 $300-$350, awesome set of binoculars and saves you a couple hundred dollars for beer!
    My hunting buddy and I have been using the 12x42 monarchs for four years in Wyoming, for antelope and mule deer and this will be our fith year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toadbrown View Post
    Possibly the worst advice I've ever heard lol
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13