Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After reading up on it on Monstermulies - there are no sheep tags for NR, the law as written applies per hunt code.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    4,670
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 534 Times in 468 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was wondering if there would actually be any NR tags. If there are no tags they should fully refund all the NR applicants immediately and close those hunts with no tags to NR's.
    Keystone 1, Over!

    " I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    869
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 187 Times in 157 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's the whole problem when people don't realize that the cap is per unit and not the total amount of tags. There needs to be a least 10 or 11 tags available in a unit for a NR DIY hunter to have a chance at a tag with the 6% cap. Even going to the 10% outfitter cap pool really doesn't get you that more of a chance because it's comprised of both residents and NRs. With the 84% minimum number of tags that residents draw before a NR gets a tag, guess which pool they short if it comes down to one tag. It sure isn't the resident one!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    4,670
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 534 Times in 468 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Idaho has a 10% cap too but I believe NR's can draw 1 tag if there are less then 10 tags so atleast there is some chance to draw.
    Keystone 1, Over!

    " I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,361
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 70 Times in 70 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    After reading up on it on Monstermulies - there are no sheep tags for NR, the law as written applies per hunt code.
    I figured they would have at least one DIY sheep tag nonresident. If you are correct why would they not refund everybody's money that's not in the outfitter pool? If there is not a possibility to get one tag, they might as well just make it 0% for the DIY Hunter.
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 03-27-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,361
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 70 Times in 70 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know how much an outfitter charges to accompany you for the 2 day minimum, required to be in the outfitter pool?
    Last edited by Muleys 24/7; 03-27-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aptos,Ca
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bet the price just went up!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    KC Missouri
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just called the NM Game & Fish to withdraw my bighorn sheep application. Was told by the lady to go on-line and delete it (even though the email they sent out says to delete it by calling their office or to go on- line). I asked if any sheep tags would even be available for the 6% NR pool. She said there was a possibility of a tag being available depending on which unit you applied for. I believe she stated a NR tag may be available for unit 109, 110, or 106. I'm guessing if one is available it will go to whichever NR is drawn first and has one of those three units listed. Regardless, she said refunds would not be processed and provided until after the draw in late April. So, even if you withdraw your application now, you will not get a refund until about one month from now. It just keeps getting better with NM's sheep draw this year!!!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,361
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 70 Times in 70 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was told the same thing when I called today, about the refund. She said there was is slight chance still for Rocky Mount bighorn sheep, if there is less than four tags in a zone there would be no possibility for a do-it-yourself nonresident in the 6% pool.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bend, Orygun
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 103 Times in 75 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the dept's hands are tied by the rules handed down from the legislature. They may not be able to give you a refund even if they wanted to.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New Mexico Ibex
    By Brady in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 08:51 PM
  2. Oryx and Ibex
    By lostriverproductions in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM
  3. Oryx on and off range
    By bowhuntrJLG in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 09:50 AM
  4. Nm ibex
    By bowhuntrJLG in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 08:35 PM
  5. Sheep and Ibex/Chamois/Tur/Markhor/Tahr in Asia?
    By Edelweiss in forum Sheep, Moose and Goat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 03:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •