Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bow recommendations

hey guys and gals, i've shot my pse the beast bow since i was 14 and now am looking into getting a new bow this year before the hunt. I'm looking at the PSE Source. what do you guys think about it? i'm 6'5" and have a 31 inch draw. What else would you recommend me looking into.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    The new pse full throttle is the fastest bow on the market right now. You can shoot at a lower weight and still have more ke down range. A friend did the math and I would be putting down more ke down range at 60 lbs. than my bow now at 72 lbs. the difference though is let off. Which I would be holding back the same amount of weight at full draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    I would look into the faktor 34 and carbon spyder 34 and spyder 34, all of them in the long draw settings to try. Pse source is a good one. The vendetta DC from pse and freak max/sp are good long draw bows. Bowtech cpxl would be a good bow to try. Elite energy 35 has been getting good reviews.

So many good ones and that's the tip of the iceberg. I recommend trying as many as you can, also the ones mentioned, and see which ones you like. Let the bow pick you.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

4. The Following User Says Thank You to velvetfvr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hoyt faktor 34, spyder 34, carbon spyder 34 check em out for sure!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a Hoyt Carbon Matrix and Elite Answer, both are great bows. I am not a speed freak when it comes to bows though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Best thing to do is go to a pro shop if there is one around you, I travel an hour to go for mine, and shoot bow after bow after bow. I would suggest making multiple visits to shoot and if they allow to shoot with different accessories to also do that. I did not do this cause I had a bow in my head that I wanted before ever shooting new ones for a few years and like the bow I got.

I think you need to try a set up a time with the pro shop when they are usually slow so they can help you out as much as possible. The guy I went to was willing to stay open late and he helped me out a lot by letting me try almost anything I wanted that he had in store. I was very surprised at his friendliness and willingness to get me set up right.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I would look into the faktor 34 and carbon spyder 34 and spyder 34, all of them in the long draw settings to try. Pse source is a good one. The vendetta DC from pse and freak max/sp are good long draw bows. Bowtech cpxl would be a good bow to try. Elite energy 35 has been getting good reviews.

So many good ones and that's the tip of the iceberg. I recommend trying as many as you can, also the ones mentioned, and see which ones you like. Let the bow pick you.
    Best advice possible in my opinion. They are all great these days just have to find the right fit

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    like was stated before shoot as many bows as you can. Go to Wilde Arrow, and Utah archery center, or Jakes archery and they will let you shoot anything side by side that they have, great people at all places. I just bought a Faktor Turbo and love it. Had a guy bring by His Mathews Creed for me to set up for him and that was also a sweet shooting bow.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought a Hoyt Charger extended draw as I have a 32 inch draw. Very smooth and fast. The best part was the price $499 for a quality product.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Definitely take a look at a Faktor 34. We have a guy at our club that is about the same size and really likes the bow. Always remember shoot a lot difference bows before you buy. You'll find the one that fits you best.

There's a good archery shop in Centerville and Jeremiah is great to work with. Post some pictures once you have a new bow!