Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhunter View Post
    Definitely take a look at a Faktor 34. We have a guy at our club that is about the same size and really likes the bow. Always remember shoot a lot difference bows before you buy. You'll find the one that fits you best.

There's a good archery shop in Centerville and Jeremiah is great to work with. Post some pictures once you have a new bow!
    I have shot a lot of different bows over the last 2 weeks. If I were to pick the 3 top bows based on my criteria it would be.
    Hoyt faktor 34, Prime Impact, Hoyt faktor turbo.
    I think you need to develop your own set of bow selection criteria and go shoot them.
    Go to several bow shops and shoot them all.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme minnesotan View Post
    Best thing to do is go to a pro shop if there is one around you, I travel an hour to go for mine, and shoot bow after bow after bow. I would suggest making multiple visits to shoot and if they allow to shoot with different accessories to also do that. I did not do this cause I had a bow in my head that I wanted before ever shooting new ones for a few years and like the bow I got.

I think you need to try a set up a time with the pro shop when they are usually slow so they can help you out as much as possible. The guy I went to was willing to stay open late and he helped me out a lot by letting me try almost anything I wanted that he had in store. I was very surprised at his friendliness and willingness to get me set up right.

x2 on what Extreme provided above. Nothing replaces the comfort/confidence you'll have from getting to try them out in the shop. I've walked out of shops with cash in pocket knowing I was going to buy a bow but they didn't allow you to shoot them. Granted, it's not a car, but wouldn't buy a car if I didn't drive it first...
    Heli M Lost / Heli M Tactical
    Spot Hogg-It 7 Pin / Spot Hogg Hunter 3 or 5 pin
    B-Stinger Hunter Extreme Lost / Black
    QAD XD Lost / Black
    Carbon Express Aramid KV 350 / Blue Streak Select 350

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by rsess32 View Post
    hey guys and gals, i've shot my pse the beast bow since i was 14 and now am looking into getting a new bow this year before the hunt. I'm looking at the PSE Source. what do you guys think about it? i'm 6'5" and have a 31 inch draw. What else would you recommend me looking into.
    Faktor 34. I have the faktor 30 and I love it. My friend Scott has the 34 with a 31inch draw an that bow shoots fast fast fast an smooth.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thanks guys, i appreciate the advice from all. I have gone around and shot several different bows. I have always gone to utah archery center. matter of fact i bought my first bow from them when they were sportsmans archery. I've got it narrowed down to the faktor 34 and the pse source. pictures will be coming in the next few weeks! thanks guys

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    The new pse full throttle is the fastest bow on the market right now. You can shoot at a lower weight and still have more ke down range. A friend did the math and I would be putting down more ke down range at 60 lbs. than my bow now at 72 lbs. the difference though is let off. Which I would be holding back the same amount of weight at full draw.
    Actually the full throttle only goes to a 30" draw length so it probably wouldnt work for rsess32. I would recommend the 2013 Elite hunter! Best bow in a long time! At 70lbs the draw cycle is silky smooth and when you get to full draw the let off makes it feel like you have to push the string forward to let down. It is not a barn burner as far as speed but as far as accuracy and shootability you can't beat it IMO.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    Actually the full throttle only goes to a 30" draw length so it probably wouldnt work for rsess32. I would recommend the 2013 Elite hunter! Best bow in a long time! At 70lbs the draw cycle is silky smooth and when you get to full draw the let off makes it feel like you have to push the string forward to let down. It is not a barn burner as far as speed but as far as accuracy and shootability you can't beat it IMO.
    +1 on the Elites. I shoot an Answer (I like a longer Axel-to-Axel bow). It is a screamer and super forgiving. I actually had to double check the draw weight, because it felt too light for a 70lb bow maxed out, but it was at 74. I could hardly believe it. I think my Hoyt Carbon Matrix might be looking for a new home soon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 51 Times in 2 Posts
    +2 on the elites. I shot pse for 14 yrs even worked there, this year I went to elite energy 35. Best bow I've shot in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Rockies are the marrow of the world.