Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tag Application Services

I was wondering if anyone has had experience using one of the tag application services. I have looked into Cabela's (seems pricey), hunting fool (seems like they force you to use their guides), and North American Game Tags (www.nagametags.com - flat annual fee, and they will float). I am leaning toward North American Gam Tags, but was hoping to get some thoughts before I commit.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you are a newbie starting out, I'd highly recommend just subscribing to Huntin Fool or Eastman's Journal and just submitting applications yourself. Everything is so easy these days with online apps. You are done in minutes. Zero need to pay anyone a fee for that, and much better to work with your vacation schedule, esp if you draw multiple tags. I've been applying 20 years, since every state had paper apps, haha.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ditto to what Zim said!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ha....I didn't even know that's what these services were offering. I did it all my self and worked my party members through it with no problems. I'd do it myself (after subscribing to EHJ and EBJ). Its not difficult. Or give me $25 and I'll do it for ya j/k

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You can definitely do it yourself and the research is pretty fun, it helps make hunting seasons last all year!
    The only advantage I see to the guys that will float the money is that a guy might be able to apply for more OIL type hunts.(a ton of up front money!) I have to really pick and choose with these, because my hunting account is definitely limited! ( having that limit is kind of fun too though, because it makes you research even harder!)
    Last edited by gonhunting247; 03-29-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbhunts View Post
    Ha....I didn't even know that's what these services were offering. I did it all my self and worked my party members through it with no problems. I'd do it myself (after subscribing to EHJ and EBJ). Its not difficult. Or give me $25 and I'll do it for ya j/k

I help all the different party members, relatives and friends put in too! Sometimes I swear I feel like an application service.
    I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it though, I like helping people get to hunt!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Amen ^^

I enjoy reading and researching all of this stuff. And my friends appreciate it lol!!

"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srp View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had experience using one of the tag application services. I have looked into Cabela's (seems pricey), hunting fool (seems like they force you to use their guides), and North American Game Tags (www.nagametags.com - flat annual fee, and they will float). I am leaning toward North American Gam Tags, but was hoping to get some thoughts before I commit.

If considering that route, Epic is another one to consider.

It's fairly easy enought to do yourself like others have stated, unless you need to be floated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    The main reason I would not use an application service, is once one of those services cues in on a hunt or area, they pile their applicants in for that hunt distorting the draw odds. Also as others have mentioned, it is quite easy to submit applications on line.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)