Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I think all you bow hunters should stay at home until AFTER the M/L season is over. Give all of us M/L hunters a chance!!! LOL LOL LOL

(actually I'm falling over I'm laughing so hard!)
    Easy there CC!! If you fall on that ankle before its healed up you might miss ML season all together this year.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Something else to think about is... archery tags are over the counter, muzzleloader tags are not. They are draw only. The reason I bring this up is I think everyone assumes there's way more "pressure" during muzzleloader season. IMO, that's not always the case. In some places there are just as many and more archery camps before, during, and after muzzleloading season. Something to take into consideration.

I should add... I'm assuming your talking about an OTC unit...
    With that being said, I would be bow hunting during the smoke pole season. I wish we had a muzzy season in September! That would be a lot of fun.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    CoHiCntry brings up a good point. Many OTC archery hunters will probably avoid hunting during the ML season thinking there will be more pressure but with the ML season being LE during it might be the least pressure of the whole archery hunt.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a question for all you bow hunters. Colorado makes all gun hunters wear orange, while you guys wear camo. I am assuming the reasoning is gun hunters need to see each other to keep us from shooting each other (again LOL..LOL) If this is the rational...how come M/L hunters don't shoot camo wearing bow hunters?

I hunted almost all my life in California where any dress is allowed during hunting season and I never saw a hunter shot due to another hunters fault...seen several who shot themselves due to their own stupidity!

It just bugs me that we M/L hunters have to wear orange while hunting with bow hunters who wear camo. Doesn't really sound like it makes a lot of sense .
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    The reason I bring this up is I think everyone assumes there's way more "pressure" during muzzleloader season. IMO, that's not always the case. In some places there are just as many and more archery camps before, during, and after muzzleloading season.
    Hi Country, In the future can you refrain from letting the cat out of the bag!

I agree totally

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    Hi Country, In the future can you refrain from letting the cat out of the bag!

I agree totally
    Oops!... sorry guy's.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I have a question for all you bow hunters. Colorado makes all gun hunters wear orange, while you guys wear camo. I am assuming the reasoning is gun hunters need to see each other to keep us from shooting each other (again LOL..LOL) If this is the rational...how come M/L hunters don't shoot camo wearing bow hunters?

I hunted almost all my life in California where any dress is allowed during hunting season and I never saw a hunter shot due to another hunters fault...seen several who shot themselves due to their own stupidity!

It just bugs me that we M/L hunters have to wear orange while hunting with bow hunters who wear camo. Doesn't really sound like it makes a lot of sense .
    I think it's kinda silly too. I sure wish they'd do away with the blaze requirement for muzzleloaders.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I dont think orange should be required anywhere on any hunt. There should not be any seat belt laws anywhere either. Not that I am against either of them I just think it should be your decision to use them or not.
    Keystone 1, Over!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I dont think orange should be required anywhere on any hunt. There should not be any seat belt laws anywhere either. Not that I am against either of them I just think it should be your decision to use them or not.
    Those are two completely different things! Orange is designed to keep all the idiots out there, and there are many, from making mistakes. In a perfect world where everyone was 100% sure of their target the color orange wouldn't be necessary. Seatbelt laws, on the other hand, are not only designed to protect you in an accident, but are also to keep insurance rates down. If a person didn't have one on and was severely injured, the medical costs are astronomical, especially if it requires lifelong care. Seatbelt laws cut that cost way down by preventing many major injuries or death every year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In southern CO we bowhunt the last week of September until it closes.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member