Thread: CO Tag Return ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

CO Tag Return ?

Drew an unexpected elk tag in NM so the CO above timberline hunt will have to wait. I know I can return the tag but do I lose my money if I want to keep the bonus points? I think so but hoping there's a way around making a donation. Wish I could pull both hunts off but I want to "save" at least one guaranteed hunt next year. Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    if you want your money back, you have to surrender all your points. If you want all your points back, you have to surrender all your money. You do not get a point for this year if you do either. I have done this twice but I am a resident so it is not that big of a pill to swallow. Being a NR would make it a lot tougher. How many points would you lose?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    I did this in 2010 with an elk tag. At that time to keep your points you had to return the tag and forfeit the tag fee. I also did NOT get a point for the current year. I believe it is still the same.

EDIT: looks like BKC beat me to it
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    8 points. Bummer but I'll be making a donation this year to give me a chance to hunt there nxt year or the year after if I do wy deer nxt yr.