Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    We mounted our 240's and packed SAW's.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Lucky you! Far to often in AFG we were working out of leather personnel carriers, so no gunmounts for us. If we did have trucks, they had 50s on them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Get a 30-06 and don't look back!
    What TopGun said, it's been around over 100 years and will be for probably 100 more. You can't say that about any of the magnums other than the 375 & 300 H&H's.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhunter View Post
    Lucky you! Far to often in AFG we were working out of leather personnel carriers, so no gunmounts for us. If we did have trucks, they had 50s on them.
    Sounds alot better then being stuck in a city!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just solved my problem!! I picked up a brand new Savage 110 in 7mm Mag for $339 shipped, from Gun Broker. I'll take the barrel off, put on my 28" .300 WM barrel, my Choate Tactical stock and I'll have my long range, heavy hitter ready for elk. All the while, I'll keep my .25-06 as is... Maybe I'll still pick up that .325 WSM, just to have it? Thank you all for the inputs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have taken 3 elk here in Az ( cow, bull, cow ) using my .270win with Nosler accubond 140g. So you using a 325 should pile up elk no problem...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is so wrong in so many ways!!! Dang those are pretty especially the first two and oh my what a cartridge that one is!!
    David
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 6mm Remington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The young man in the middle is Andy who I took out a couple years ago with my son (Jeff on the right) and his father (shown) on his first big game hunt ever! We had been practicing up to 300 yards and then some and the boys were shooting great. Andy used my wife's 25-06 shooting 120 gr. Nosler Partitions. At 250 yards he was laying in the snow for about 10 minutes waiting for a cow to stand just right and so others weren't in front of or behind her. Finally this one went with the plan. The hole at the back of her ribs on her left side is the entry hole. She was quartered and the bullet went up into lungs and exited out the right side just behind her shoulder. She went 40 yards and dropped.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater! The 25-06 is not too bad either. Yes it's light for elk, but when you shoot like that they don't go far.
    David

NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 6mm Remington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    From what I know about it the 308 Norma would be the 300 Win Mag if Norma hadnt beat Win to necking the 338 WM down to 308. I couldnt help suggesting an odd ball that would be a great choice! I would get a 308 Norma if I wanted a 300 mag just to be different

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 51 Times in 3 Posts
    MM you are correct on the 308 Norma mag. Winchester actually did neck down the .338 but Norma beat them to it. I actually shoot the original 300 win which is a 30-338. Very efficient cartridge. I am a gun nut and have all sorts of calibers. There will always be the discussion on what's the best caliber. I shoot magnums for elk cause I always like room for errors. I'm not perfect and like the extra power in case I mess something up. Sure 270s or 30-06s can get the job done. It's all personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk