Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Might want to include more species...

I think it is pretty pivotal that there is a whitetail (or just a general deer) section included on this forum. You cant deny that the white tail is probably the most popular big game animal in north america. eastmans would draw a larger crowd to the forums if they include a general deer forum to include all species of deer able to be hunted in the west, which includes atleast the white tail and mule deer species...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nothin tougher than hunting Oregon blacktails. Every time I watch someone arrow a rat tail, I mean whitetail from a tree stand, over a fancy food plot, I think I'd quit hunting if that was the extent of my hunting options. I surely don't mean to knock anyone's chosen method and species. I am well aware that many people have no other options. But after 50 years of beating the back country for them blacktails, I would have to say that they are as tough and enjoyable to hunt as anything out there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've never hunted Blacktails. I can't imagine any deer tougher to hunt than the Couse Whitetail. They are more like goats than deer...the steeper, rockier, brushier the better for them. You will come back from a hunt scratched, cut and bruised. What a challenge! I love it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This argument is like the Ford Vs. Chevy!!! Everyone has their own opinion on what is better.

I think that each species has their good and bad qualities. That is why I would never bash anyone for their preference or ability to hunt....I just like to HUNT! Give me any of them and I will spend a day in the woods chasing them around!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    To me thats one of the many good things about Eastmans is they dont cover whitetail's there are plenty of other places you can watch or read about whitetails just turn on the outdoor channel and there is sure to be a show on with someone in a tree stand falling asleep or freezing there balls off hoping one walks by there stand.Eastmans is all about western big game hunting and whitetails are not a western big game animal. Just my opinion

Thanks
    Congratulations
    you're entitled to your opinion, but to say the white tail is not a western big game animal is nieve. The states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New mexico, arizona, and montana all have healthy white tail deer populations. Now tell me, which of those states is't in the west?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I guess washington is not a western state ,because it does't even have a forum.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haha, good call. Didnt even notice that....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree that Whitetails are a western big game animal, though not usually thought of as one, however I agree that you can see Whitetails all day long on the outdoor channel, Eastmans has drawn such a following in my opinion by not falling into the Whitey rut that every other magazine and show has. They are a beautiful animal, I have one on the wall right in between two mulies, I gotta say, the Mule deer are what does it for me! Just my opinion!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog12 View Post
    To me thats one of the many good things about Eastmans is they dont cover whitetail's there are plenty of other places you can watch or read about whitetails just turn on the outdoor channel and there is sure to be a show on with someone in a tree stand falling asleep or freezing there balls off hoping one walks by there stand.Eastmans is all about western big game hunting and whitetails are not a western big game animal. Just my opinion
    I cant agree more!!