Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Downing View Post
    Any of you got any opinions other than what is posted already on the ultra. Looking really hard at this pack myself for my first hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did get the left and right side hip belt pouches . I found if You tie the ends of the bags to the hip belt you can open and close the pouches with one hand. I also got the bow holder..which was on back order. I did get an email saying the bow holder was shipped so I should get it in a day or two. I'm telling you ... Luke you won't go wrong with this pack. My nephew also bought one. He lives in Colorado...were actually going to make our own sling..as in...taking off the bag and just using the carbon frame to haul out meat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan4Elk2 View Post
    I did get the left and right side hip belt pouches . I found if You tie the ends of the bags to the hip belt you can open and close the pouches with one hand. I also got the bow holder..which was on back order. I did get an email saying the bow holder was shipped so I should get it in a day or two. I'm telling you ... Luke you won't go wrong with this pack. My nephew also bought one. He lives in Colorado...were actually going to make our own sling..as in...taking off the bag and just using the carbon frame to haul out meat.
    Thanks dan this is the pack I have been looking at getting and seen some great reviews on it and is half of the weight of the eberlestock blue widow I was originally looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I got the 6000 in the mail yesterday. I'll be loading it up and hitting the trails in a few days.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I did get my bow holder in the mail for my Kuiu ultra 6000 pack. I wasn't over all impressed with how the holder mounted to the pack. It mounts fine..the issue i have ...the pack doesn't have separate loops just for the holder itself you have to use loops of the compression straps. Which then takes away the purpose of the compression straps. So, i returned it..Do to there are so many extra compression straps I will just use them to carry my bow when need be.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There is a review on Rokslide.com where they compare the Kuiu Ultra, Stone Glacier, and Kifaru packs (I don't remember the Stone Glacier model - I think the Kifaru was a Highline on the Bikini Frame). I'm not here to persuade anyone one way or the other, but at least in this review, the Ultra did not get high marks when loaded down heavy. I really wish these higher end packs were available to try out beforehand because you really have no way knowing how it will fit YOU, until it's on your back! I guess all that can be done is your own personal research and then hope for the best with the final decision.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MWScott72 View Post
    There is a review on Rokslide.com where they compare the Kuiu Ultra, Stone Glacier, and Kifaru packs (I don't remember the Stone Glacier model - I think the Kifaru was a Highline on the Bikini Frame). I'm not here to persuade anyone one way or the other, but at least in this review, the Ultra did not get high marks when loaded down heavy. I really wish these higher end packs were available to try out beforehand because you really have no way knowing how it will fit YOU, until it's on your back! I guess all that can be done is your own personal research and then hope for the best with the final decision.
    Our goal at Eastmans' is to make hunters, better hunters. With that approach in mind we review gear with the intention of helping guys who may not be able to visit these top end pack makers find the one that fits them the best. If there is enough interest here we would be willing to review packs at some point in the future.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would be very interested in a pack review article. And definitely would like to see the KUIU ultra line included.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also would love a pack-review article from Eastmans, and please include ease of carrying bow/gun... that is always one of my biggest hang-ups (hint: I hate side-scabbards because it throws your balance too far off-center).

As for the rokslide review... I've watched how their relationship with Kifaru has affected their judgment lately and put absolutely no validity in any of their pack reviews.

However, for how I hunt... I don't think the Ultra is for me, but I'm sure it is perfect for others. Maybe the new ICON PRO that is coming out soon will be a better fit for what I want in a pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There has been tons of kuiu bashing on rokslide. mostly by people that don't have any of the kuiu gear, let alone the new ultra pack. Also the ultra pack is half the price as the kifaru or stone glacier, so keep that in mind when you compare these packs.

I have the Ultra 6000 and have only had it on a couple hikes. One 4-mile hike with around 40lbs, the other was a shorter hike with 70lbs. So far I really like the pack and how well it compresses down for day-pack mode or expands out to haul my camp and some meat, (in my case a bag of charcoal and some extra weight all wrapped inside a bivy sack). It has a very simple/minimalist approach and so far is very comfortable to me. It was definitely an upgrade for me.

I have never tried on a kifaru or stone glacier and they both look like great options, but for me I was willing to try the Kuiu with the price difference. The extra $350 covers half my Colorado NR elk permit or can go towards upgrading other gear. My demands for the pack are going to mainly consist of some elk scouting trips (1-3 days) and an annual archery elk hunt for 7-10 days. I wish my pack would be going on numerous backcountry trips, but.......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Any thoughts on having the Ultra 6000 setup and then the 1800 bag to switch out for day hunts? Is that necessary or does the compressed 6000 work just fine? Also, someone please expand on the bow holder & compression strap configuration....they can't be used together or the top straps just secure the half of the bow boot doesn't hold?