Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Hunting Booklets!? No thanks! Option?

Anyone have any idea how many of these booklets states send out?

I think I get 2 from MT every year, and 1or 2 from CO as well, oh and if you live with a family member who also hunts/apply, they send all of you one all to the same household!

btw I almost never read any part of these, I have no problem reading what I have to online... pdf etc...

I understand sending out a reminder to apply... a post card....or an email would suffice.

I think these states really need an "opt out" option.

I at least throw them in the recycle bin... but c'mon.

anyone else hate throwing out or recycling 200 pages of paper for no reason?

I could understand if you applied via paper last year to send those customers a booklet... but online... I would think most of us don't need'em, plus I would rather them save the paper/$$ and pass the savings on to me... or at least have more $$ for wildlife.

Sometimes it's a real burden being a Genius lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 10 Posts
    I like getting a copy and I always keep I copy around for states I am applying in. I even have them for some states I dont apply in. Alot of times its alot faster and easier to look things up in it then online to me. I also like to take it along when I go hunting incase I have a question about a unit boundary or reg.
    Last edited by Musket Man; 04-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 7 Posts
    I'd rather go all electronic. I keep a PDF copy of all the regs on my computer, which also makes it really nice when I want to look back at old regs.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I prefer paper. It is so much easier for me to get the booklet and look something up. A lot of people that apply are not proficient on a computer. For this reason the booklets are a blessing. New mexico quit issuing paper and their system is always correcting errors now. I agree that Colorado sends too many booklets as they sent me 2 sheep booklets and 2 elk booklets but overall the booklets are useful to me

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Or you have some states that wont give you a paper copy of the regs. Wyoming has told me they will not send a paper copy and it must be printed from online. I think it would be good to have an option either for a copy or against

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusvdk View Post
    Or you have some states that wont give you a paper copy of the regs. Wyoming has told me they will not send a paper copy and it must be printed from online. I think it would be good to have an option either for a copy or against

Wyoming sends a copy of the regulations to anyone that draws a tag in the same envelope the license comes in even though they have gone to all online applications this year. Until last year when they downsized it to pocket size, which is great, it was a big multifolded paper that was a pain in the neck. Now they don't send anything out ahead of time to anyone like the application booklets they used to every winter before the elk application period began in January.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 04-04-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    Wyoming sends a copy of the regulations to anyone that draws a tag in the same envelope the license comes in even though they have gone to all online applications this year. Until last year when they downsized it to pocket size, which is great, it was a big multifolded paper that was a pain in the neck. Now they don't send anything out ahead of time to anyone like the application booklets they used to every winter before the elk application period began in January.
    I just got my elk license in the mail. No regulations at all. There are instructions for printing it off their website.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    I just got my elk license in the mail. No regulations at all. There are instructions for printing it off their website.
    When I called they said they wouldnt be sending out regs. I asked if I paid postage wiuld they send one and said no print it from online.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 10 Posts
    I normally go electronic .This year the Montana web site was not the same as the new printed version. Lots of changes so this year the paper version was a welcome sight. The paper was the 2014 version and the website was the 2013 version. But if you Google the pdf 2014 version it was the same as the paper version. Montana needs to step their website a bit to keep up with their own changes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I do not mind getting a hard copy, I think it's just a matter of time and they will stop sending out printed versions completely.