Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fort Hood.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I dont know what he actually did but transportation guys were targeted quite a bit over there. One of the most dangerous jobs really.
    You're not defending a murderer are you MM? So he had a dangerous job, he killed 3 people and injured a lot more. There's no excuse on earth for what he did. I do agree that the VA takes some blame for this.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    You're not defending a murderer are you MM? So he had a dangerous job, he killed 3 people and injured a lot more. There's no excuse on earth for what he did. I do agree that the VA takes some blame for this.
    I have not defended this guy in any way and never will. There is no excuse for what he did. That was in response to your post that sounded like you didnt think truck drivers could be in any danger or have PTSD, which is not true.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I don't believe the VA has any or should take any blame for this. The guy was on active duty and had no connection or dealing with the VA. The VA's role is to assist and help Veterans, not active duty personnel. If ANYONE dropped the ball, it was the active duty people on post at Ft. Hood, and I'm not sure any of them did.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I have not defended this guy in any way and never will. There is no excuse for what he did. That was in response to your post that sounded like you didnt think truck drivers could be in any danger or have PTSD, which is not true.
    That's not what I meant, truck drivers were targeted that's true. But according to the news media he wasn't.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I don't believe the VA has any or should take any blame for this. The guy was on active duty and had no connection or dealing with the VA. The VA's role is to assist and help Veterans, not active duty personnel. If ANYONE dropped the ball, it was the active duty people on post at Ft. Hood, and I'm not sure any of them did.
    You're probably right Cowboy, you know more about the VA than I do. I was just repeating what I heard & read in the news.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I cant see how this would have involved the VA in any way since he was on active duty but its probably not much different when your on active. They could have atleast gave him a week off when his mother died. I doubt it would have made any difference in his unit if he was gone 2 days or 2 weeks.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    The sad thing is that our government isn't doing enough for our warriors coming home! This guy had issues, and I'm not sticking up for him either. I'm a father of a soldier w ho made it thru Iraq with one Purple Heart and is doing just fine. God bless the ones affected by the terrible loss of life.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sneakypete For This Useful Post: