Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st Mule Deer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Is that setup legal there in ML season or are you using it in any weapon?
    In Nebraska this muzzleloader is legal. I wouldn't hunt muzzleloader season if it wasn't. I don't like getting into trouble and would rather enjoy my hunts verses loosing my license over something stupid on my part. I appreciate the question though keeps you honest.

This muzzleloader is just like a savage muzzleloader just that it's a break action using the same breech plug as the savage in a 45 cal.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Outlander View Post
    In Nebraska this muzzleloader is legal. I wouldn't hunt muzzleloader season if it wasn't. I don't like getting into trouble and would rather enjoy my hunts verses loosing my license over something stupid on my part. I appreciate the question though keeps you honest.

This muzzleloader is just like a savage muzzleloader just that it's a break action using the same breech plug as the savage in a 45 cal.
    I wasnt thinking you did anything illegal. I was just curious if the ML regs there allowed it or if you were hunting in an any weapon season with it. Can you use smokeless powder in ML season there too? I considered the savage when I got my ML but the states I hunt with it dont allow you to use smokeless anyways so i got a Knight instead. Sure is different from WA where I cant even use a 209 primer. lol
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I wasnt thinking you did anything illegal. I was just curious if the ML regs there allowed it or if you were hunting in an any weapon season with it. Can you use smokeless powder in ML season there too? I considered the savage when I got my ML but the states I hunt with it dont allow you to use smokeless anyways so i got a Knight instead. Sure is different from WA where I cant even use a 209 primer. lol
    No worries didn't think that was what you meant. Nebraska hasn't always been where you could use a scope. A few years back you could only use a 1x scope now you can use anything. I didn't know this until last season but you can use a spear to hunt deer in Nebraska now. If they could figure out how to kill a deer with a sling shot I bet there would be a season for that also.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska Outlander View Post
    No worries didn't think that was what you meant. Nebraska hasn't always been where you could use a scope. A few years back you could only use a 1x scope now you can use anything. I didn't know this until last season but you can use a spear to hunt deer in Nebraska now. If they could figure out how to kill a deer with a sling shot I bet there would be a season for that also.
    have you seen anyone out deer hunting with a spear yet? Thats funny!!!
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Actually on the Nebraska game and Parks their was a guy who was doing a blog on his experiences hunting last fall. I'm not sure if he got one though even though he did try too hit a couple. Not something that interests me doesn't seem right to me even though it was done for years before my time. Yet everyone has their own set of rules I guess. Would have been neat to see him get one though.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not my style either. Maybe it would work better off a horse. lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice buck!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Dusart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    There was a video on YouTube of Jarrod Allen (former Vikings and now Chicago Bears Def end) spearing an elk from a tree stand. It was a canned hunt and he acknowledged it. Said he always wanted to spear one so he figured this was his best shot at doing so. Spearing something or hunting fenced animals is not my thing, but it was cool to watch. Once

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Have you shot any Barnes ML bullets out of that set up? I'll be honest and say that I don't care much for the SST ML bullets. I'll have to look into the Parkers. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America!!"
    - Charlie Daniels

"Most democrats in WY are not like other democrats (they actually like babies, guns, and the constitution)"
    - AT Hiker

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobbhunts For This Useful Post: