Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Take up bear hunting. You only have to hunt afternoon

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Changed it up a little monday. I added some pec exercises and a pec machine. Been sore for two days now!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yesterday was the first day doing my homemade Train to Hunt Challenge course... It was awesome! The shooting suffers when the heart rate is that elevated; great practice! Here is how I laid mine out. Two targets; two-hundred fifty yards apart (I've only got flat ground at the house), backpack with 20lbs in it. (dog food in double garbage bags), one five foot by 18-20" log, one old bench, 50 lbs of dog food in an old military rucksack (for my wife), 100 lbs. for me. I do the exact thing that is in the linked video but just go back and forth between my two targets. Guys and Gals, this is easy to set up, fun, does not take a long time after work, and you can do it with your wife and kids, just modify it as needed. We are keeping track of our times trying to cut them down each week. We end each workout with a dozen arrows from 20, 30, 40, 50, & 80 yards then six from some wacky position between 15-20 yards. I'm telling you, this is awesome and will get you revved up for the season! Follow the link to see how its done at the competition then modify it to fit your needs.
    http://youtu.be/8bIHaYVEW4w

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice my kind of workout!! My favorite thing is to work out outside.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here is my workout program:

Monday: 30 minutes on the cybex machine, level 5. Warm-up; Next I hit the weight room, Monday is chest day, 45 minutes hitting weights. Then it's 30 Minutes on the stationary bike, followed up by 30 minute swim.

Tuesday: 30 minute run, 45 minutes in the weight room, Tuesday is back day. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minute swim.

Wednesday: 30 minutes on the cybex machine, 45 minutes hitting the weights, leg day. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minute swim.

Thursday: 30 minute run, 45 minutes in the weight room, Arms and Abs, 30 minutes on the bike and a 30 minute swim.

Friday: 30 minutes on the cybex machine, 45 minutes on the weights, shoulders. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minute swim.

Saturdays and Sundays are for doing things with the family, I usually try to incorporate some form of excercise on those days also. My son and I play a lot of soccer and we do a lot of hiking. Fun stuff, gotta keep moving.

Keep it up everybody!!! It definitely makes hunting season easier and more enjoyable.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Received the new pack and did my 4 mile hike with 60lbs yesterday. I will be bumping up the weight next Thursday.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Off to the gym this am. Went last week and had to really change my workout. Too much stress on the still healing ankle. So we'll see this am.
    4 Days this week at he gym, ankle seems to be getting a lot better. No gym today as I am off to our local gun show. I have a table and will be there Fri, Sat & Sun.
    Down 4# in 10 days. I weigh in the morning as soon as I get up. Everything seems to be getting back on track.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    4 Days this week at he gym, ankle seems to be getting a lot better. No gym today as I am off to our local gun show. I have a table and will be there Fri, Sat & Sun.
    Down 4# in 10 days. I weigh in the morning as soon as I get up. Everything seems to be getting back on track.
    That is great ! Once you get going it gets easier. I don't work out on the weekends. Its time that I take to do a little fishing and right now turkey hunting. Portion control on meals helped me out a bunch especially late day meals.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Changed my lifting circuit from timed to reps. We still do the cardio stuff & core stuff for time (one minute). Upped the weights and kept the reps between 12 - 15 still killer and fun. The wife is making awesome progress and I fell stronger as well. I cannot wait for the Train to Hunt Challenge in Casper, going to be a blast!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is an awesome threat that is on here. Look for me to be posting I'm new to the forum. Gotta love it!