Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    My latest and greatest. this thing will take your man card out of your pocket, slap you in the mouth with it, poop on your lawn and run off. Had it about a week now. Every one of my buddies (some of which were/are special ops marines) leave defeated the first try. Call the next day and say
    "Dude! I think I know how to do it now!" No one has conquered it yet.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have you seen ultimate ninja warrior or whatever its called. They call that thing the salmon ladder. I am a nerd, I know, but those guys are beasts. They fly up it. The use some leg swinging momentum, but still. No way could I do it. I think the one on the show is a little different, pegs are sloped so you don't fall off as easily.
    Last edited by Againstthewind; 05-09-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You tube made it look super easy! I've never seen American ninja warrior. Apparently I'm about the only one in the world who hasn't. I saw a clip of a tv show called arrow. And then I said "I want one! Now I have a rather large goal erected in my backyard. Pretty cool once I started you tubing it. I researched a lot of body weight calesthetics (spelling?) and the guys who do the "bar" workouts are insanely agile! I remember setting the record in high school for pull ups. 10+ years ago. Went to do a few pull ups a while back and did about 7 of em. That's when it clicked (your getting older drew! Time to pick it up a notch) and I figured what better way to do it then by having a piece of equipment that can and will hurt you if you don't commit!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    How does it work??

I was a little out of sink last week. Had the wife's B-Day and mothers day today. Missed the weekly hike. Back at it tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    hahaha, you are freaking crazy andrew! i was thinkinking about walking out to throw antlers for my dog for a workout and here you are getting all ninja on us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ivorytip For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    This time of year is really tough to stick with a program but been keeping at it regular as I can. Weights & Challenge Course: Mon, Wed, Fri. Running & Challenge Course Tuesday, Thurs, Sat. Between birthdays, bachelor parties, Master's Degree, and graduation it is hard to keep it up everyday. Getting worn out.

On a brighter note did Maxs with the Seniors last week... the following are the results
    Bench - 185 @ 31 reps. 225 @ 17 reps, max single rep @ 335
    Squat - 400 @ 6 reps
    Clean & Jerk - 225 @ 6 reps

All in all, not too bad but my cardio still needs a lot of work! Still need to get 20 more pounds off too. RUNNING!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    This time of year is really tough to stick with a program but been keeping at it regular as I can. Weights & Challenge Course: Mon, Wed, Fri. Running & Challenge Course Tuesday, Thurs, Sat. Between birthdays, bachelor parties, Master's Degree, and graduation it is hard to keep it up everyday. Getting worn out.

On a brighter note did Maxs with the Seniors last week... the following are the results
    Bench - 185 @ 31 reps. 225 @ 17 reps, max single rep @ 335
    Squat - 400 @ 6 reps
    Clean & Jerk - 225 @ 6 reps

All in all, not too bad but my cardio still needs a lot of work! Still need to get 20 more pounds off too. RUNNING!
    Holy cow! Those kindof look like college football player stats.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I normally just hoof it on a treadmill in the basement. I either go fast with no weight, or slower with a 45# pack on. I have cut 7# in the last 2 weeks.

I finally got outside with a pack on. I covered about 2500 ft climb and back down in the pouring rain. Great chance to try the new C4E rain coat, the new lowas, and the new trecking poles. I can say I am a total believer in trecking poles.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Back on track this week! It has been hot here so looks like all the outside work outs will be super early in the mornings. I also looked at the calender and its not that long to go time!! 4 months it will be here before you know it!