Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts

Digital Subscriptions....

So this week I am working on the E-mag, and I am adding some really cool media. There will be some links to video as well as links to ride alongs like what The Next issue of EBJ will have really great stuff as well.

My question to all of you is how many of you are digital subscribers? What has stopped you from becoming one if you aren't?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    I am. And I really like it. I get the issue a week or so before the hard copy and the pages are amazingly clear. I do like to have both for many reasons. I always have my IPhone and or iPad with me so I have the copy rite there all the time. I also like the hard copy to keep in my camper while out and don't want to look at the screen I can enjoy reading the hard copy.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm not and never will be. If my money doesn't buy a magazine delivered to my mailbox then I would stop subscribing. I can read tons of junk for free on the internet. Including hunting stories. The problem is, I don't like reading stories from a computer. Seems to be a trend of everyone wanting you to move to digital and charge the same $$$. Of course it saves them $$$. It's all about the $$$...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoHiCntry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have some other subs of other magazines and they are running me $1.50 a month which is cheaper than the hard copy. Just haven't pulled the trigger on Eastmans' yet.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im with CHC. On this one I will never buy a digital copy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just renewed at the ISE in Utah and saw the digital option but to be honest, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, I don't understand how digital subscriptions work. In order for me to really consider digital I would have to be confident I could access it from any device I was using. Without having digital explained my initial worry is that I could only access it on one device or be limited on my ability to share with other devices. My assumption is that I could just log into Eastmans.com and read from any devise at anytime however if that is not the case I would want access on my phone, tablet, and laptop. Basically I'm into having internet on my phone and I like reading Eastmans', and I would rather read Eastmans' stories than other stuff and would always like to have the option open to me regardless of the device I have at my disposal, even if it is my wife's phone. I know that may seem greedy since I wouldn't be walking around town with Eastmans' Hunting Journal tucked under my arm, but I guess that is what I would like.

I also like the idea of not having old magazines to hold onto or throw out.
    All Work And No Play Is No Good At All

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 5 Posts
    The wife says I spend too much time on the PC/phone already.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    The wife says I spend too much time on the PC/phone already.
    ^^This.. And, I stare at a computer screen all day long, sometimes it's nice to read an actual magazine or a book.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have several digital subscriptions to magazines in the helicopter industry. They are all free to have through the app store. The paper copies are paid for.

I find I read both, but will not subscribe to a digital copy that costs money. Both printed and digital carry advertisements. Digital magazines are able to provide direct connection to an advertisers website by simply clicking the add. Most adds carry video content to further promote the add. Due to this ability for advertisers to capture the reading audience in a way no paper magazine can, they are the ones that pay to cover the cost of publication and band width hosting.

As a publisher I feel that Eastmans should work harder at offering a better capture of the target audience to their advertising dollar spenders, offer better digital adds, with video content, field photos, reviews links, as well as pay per click financial gain for Eastmans.

That way Eastmans can get MORE subscribers, which means more pay per click money, mkre exposure for the adds, and free for the reader......?

just my 2 pennies
    I hunt because......

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    I have several digital subscriptions to magazines in the helicopter industry. They are all free to have through the app store. The paper copies are paid for.

I find I read both, but will not subscribe to a digital copy that costs money. Both printed and digital carry advertisements. Digital magazines are able to provide direct connection to an advertisers website by simply clicking the add. Most adds carry video content to further promote the add. Due to this ability for advertisers to capture the reading audience in a way no paper magazine can, they are the ones that pay to cover the cost of publication and band width hosting.

As a publisher I feel that Eastmans should work harder at offering a better capture of the target audience to their advertising dollar spenders, offer better digital adds, with video content, field photos, reviews links, as well as pay per click financial gain for Eastmans.

That way Eastmans can get MORE subscribers, which means more pay per click money, mkre exposure for the adds, and free for the reader......?

just my 2 pennies
    Are you a digital subscriber this month? If so look at 142, you will find a LOT more interactive material.