Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miller1 View Post
    I froze a bottle of water and rolled my foot on till my foot was numb, that seemed to help mine more than anything.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Ya I read this online as well. This sounds simple. I will try it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I saw pictures of that device when I was Googling. But was your pain on the bottom of your foot, or on the back (Achilles)? I have no Achilles pain, and rarely have, even when running longer distances. Mine is totally on the bottom of the foot where that tendon connects the heel to the front of the foot.
    I was perscribed night splints, which kind of look like lightweight ski boots. I wear those when it gets bad and after hunting hard. They do help. Frozen bottle helps too. I was told by the doc never to walk on hardwood or tile w/o good hard sole slippers....ever.
    Last edited by OregonJim; 04-04-2014 at 06:39 PM.
    Life member RMEF
    Mathews DXT, Bowtech Admiral, Browing .300WSM...... and Swarovski Optiks my wife doesn't know about.
    1999 Washington Blacktaill, Bear River GMU, nontypical 6X7

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I can relate to your situation. I work full time as an ER nurse and have had this problem on and off for the last 8 years. I did a half marathon on March 15th that sent me into a major flare up. I used a frozen water bottle to ice the foot, rolling it back and forth. I strech 4-5 times each day. I also wear a splint at night that keeps the foot flexed. All of these together I have had great results. I have had very limited results with over the counter insole/supports. For running I use a shoe that is cushioned. I believe that the streching and night splints have done the most good for me. I also have found using Moji balls to do deep tissue massage helps.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have had good luck with the Profoot Plantar Faciitis inserts. $8 at Walmart. They break down quickly and have to be replaced every couple of months. Frozen water bottle and tennis ball massages have helped, as have wall and stair stretches. I bought night boots and don't like them at all. I think I got the wrong kind. Cant sleep with them on.

One thing is for sure, I have to keep up on it or it flares back up in a hurry. I sure hope all the tricks don't stop working...

Just looked up the Moji balls. Will be buying those for sure...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Foot inserts did the trick for me. Your insurance will pay for your podiatrist to do custom inserts from a cast of your foot. As you get older, tendons tend to tighten up like everything else. I stretch several times a day now.

The main things are to quit running and switch to something less tough on your feet like an elliptical or bike, keep that tendon and your achilles and calves stretched, get the inflammation down with ice and anti-inflammatories and get a good set of inserts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Foot inserts did the trick for me. Your insurance will pay for your podiatrist to do custom inserts from a cast of your foot. As you get older, tendons tend to tighten up like everything else. I stretch several times a day now.

The main things are to quit running and switch to something less tough on your feet like an elliptical or bike, keep that tendon and your achilles and calves stretched, get the inflammation down with ice and anti-inflammatories and get a good set of inserts.
    It would really suck to give up running for good. I have no choice right now though. Been running my whole life.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This was a good post for me. I have never been a good runner, but the last couple of years the plantar fasciitis has gotten worse. The stretching has been working lately, and I am going to try the frozen water bottle. I really need to get in better shape for the elk hunt, so eliminating excuses is important. Thanks for the good advise.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah, getting older is tough to adjust to. Lots of running on asphalt or concrete, no matter how good your shoes are, is really hard on a body.

I have a good friend who used to run marathons. He gave it up because it was wearing his middle-aged body down. He went to doing cross-fit and he is about as fit a guy as you'll find and says he is in better shape now than when he ran 6 miles a day.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had a round with it in 2011-2012. Dr. told me to buy and wear the best shoes I could afford. He told me to put shoes on straight out of the bed. Do not go bare footed, do not wear sandals and do not wear flip flops. When I'm not in my Clark's for work (office) I wear my Mendles. Have not had a problem since I got over it ( 1 year )!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Drysdale For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I can actually track the beginning of my problems to wear Crocs at work. I have found some sandals like Chacos, and Tevas that have an arch are ok. The other point made by Mr.Drysdale and the shoes is truth. I have little problems with 3-5 mile runs. If I do a long run 9-11miles I pay for it for days. At this point it is a balancing act for me. This is a real problem for many people, and forums like this are awesome way to share tips with each other.