Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    I think that's a great idea and totally feasible. Don't forget black bear, and I'd apply for antelope in CO too! You could throw your hat in on some trophy New Mexico hunts just to spice it up. Draw odds stink but it's not to expensive to apply. All 3 of these states would be as close as any for you which is always nice.
    Are there CO antelope hunts you can draw without alot of points? I thought they were hard to draw so I have stayed out of CO antelope.
    Keystone 1, Over!

" I am lost in the dust of the chase that my life brings"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Are there CO antelope hunts you can draw without alot of points? I thought they were hard to draw so I have stayed out of CO antelope.
    In the eastern part of Co the antelope tags are pretty easy to draw, BUT everything is almost all private. The NW part of the state is where it takes lots of point. Lots of goats & public land.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    In the eastern part of Co the antelope tags are pretty easy to draw, BUT everything is almost all private. The NW part of the state is where it takes lots of point. Lots of goats & public land.
    MM, what CC said is pretty much right on but there are places in the eastern part of the state to hunt that don't take a lot of points to draw. Not much, but they do exist...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CoHiCntry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    If I was you I'd be looking at CO & WY to hunt every year or every other year. I don't think applying in multiple states for "trophy" tags has as good of a Return on investment as it used to. Maybe pick a few hard to get tags for something to look forward to, then focus on places you can hunt routinely and learn about. That's just my opinion fwiw. I'm like a lot of others trying to burn the points I have in other states and dropping out of several due to the price increases and the horrendous draw odds. I'm not as trophy oriented as a lot of other guy's so it might be easier for me to get out of the points game... at least to some degree. I'll alway's apply for Wyoming Elk, Deer, & Antelope and everything in Colorado.
    Right on...couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    what about the southern and southwestern part of CO. Just finished watching "Antelope Safari III" and Guy draws 4 tags in a row down there. Are they hunting private ranches or public? My perception previously was that anywhere but eastern CO was a tough draw for speed goats but that DVD has me scratching my head.