Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

How far would you go to reach ur dreams

I know everyone has dreams, some are a long ways off for some, others are fairly simple. I personally have many dreams that I wish I could conquer. Somewhat of a bucket list.
    A few of my dreams are to own my own outfitting business, kill all of colorados big game species with a bow, and ride a horse old fashioned style from the Mexican border to Montana such as done on lonesome dove. For some our dreams are hampered by money, or working for the man and not having the time. Post up some of ur dreams or bucket list items and say how you plan to accomplish these. My first one of owning my own business is taking time and patience, iv been working in it for 4 years now and it's getting closer, once this is accomplished it will open up the doors for my other 2 dreams. Since my brother wants to be an outfitter he will be my right hand man for hunting which wil hopefully give me little time off each year to hunt, and then I will save the money to be able to leave for 4-5 months and ride across the country. Just me my horse and dog, and maybe a couple close friends or family for company. Let's hear it guys maybe this will open the door for some to go for it.
    Philippians 4:13

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts
    My dream is to teach my two sons to love the outdoors as much as I do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This may sound like a boring dream, but I reallly want to work for the forest service in Colorado. My plan is that when I have the money to retire from my current job (engineering manager), see if I can get hired on out there for a small salary and insurance. I don't really even care what they have me doing, but everyone of these guys that I have met in the field have looked happy. I think I would enjoy getting up every morning if I got to work in the mountains.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hilltop that is a dream of mine as well, that is when I finally have the chance to enjoy that, and engideer I'll tell you what I have dealt with the forest service on many occasions working for outfitting, it's kinda a love hate relationship, but honestly if it's ur dream it's not boring,

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Thanks
    Congratulations
    When I was young, the dreams I had about my future were very different than now. I achieved some, some I didn't. I wanted to get an education, have an exciting job, make lots of money and marry Sophia Loren. LOL!

I got a scholarship to play football at a major west coast university, got a couple of degrees and worked 40 years in the aerospace industry. Worked in the space & military aircraft programs and retired at 58 on a very generous pension. Didn't marry Sophia, just my college girlfriend and life partner....so sad. LOL!!

I've hunted all over North America, traveled a lot and am enjoying retirement. My dreams now are to stay in as good health as possible so I can continue to hunt, climb mountains and travel. At 72 your priorities change. Arthritis and the sins of thinking your indestructible when your young catch up to you.

I've successfully raised a family and made it into senior citizen living. Would I do it any differently? Probably not. Loved my job and have enjoyed life to the fullest , with still more to come. Oh yes....I want that Desert Sheep tag this year!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm gonna go as far as I can... but I'm not going to lose sight of all my other goals simply to achieve 1 of them...

anyone else out there that can't stand the term "bucket list" ?? but at this point it's so popular I think we're stuck with it...

btw have you heard of the list of things you plan to never do in life? clue...it rhymes with bucket... haha.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have always wanted to go to gunsmithing school and own my own ranch and make it work .....but now I just want to get hired on some ranch and learn all I can and save for school but that's not quite as easy as I thought it would be..