Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 9 Posts

Stand/stationary hunting cold weather

My main boots are Lowa Tibets and renegades. They are great hiking and for actively hunting. But, with the recent cold spell in the Midwest and temperatures are in the teens my feet are getting cold sitting in a stand for hours. What are some other boots people like for the cold weather. I'm thinking about some Lacrosse slip on ones. Looked at Muck but didn't like the fit. Maybe I need to try another style. I've also thought about making boot covers for when I'm in the stand. Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    I think the boot covers would be great then you don't have to spend more money on boots. I think they even make them with pockets for hand warmers.

Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 3 Posts
    I used rubber insulated boots for a while but was never a fan. It seemed like my feet either sweat or were super cold. I didn't have a great pair either, but just wasn't a fan. I would only buy a pair of boots if you will use them a lot. I actually bought some toe warmers and they work pretty well but can also make your feet sweat. Covers could be good but I've never used them so I can't weigh in there.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    When I am sitting in a goose blind and it's around 0, I always wear insulated boot covers...they do the job.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm a muck boot fan. When I get to my stand I'll switch socks and put a heavy pair of smart wool socks on and I'm good down to 10 degrees or so. If it gets much colder I'll put a pair of insulated boot covers on.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 5 Posts
    This hardy Alaskan used Meindl 400 gr thinsulate on a 4th season elk hunt @ -15 F glassing for elk for hours at a time. I find that if a guy wears a looser fitting boot so that your feet get good circulation they tend to stay warmer. Also, I use a pair of wool sock liner with a mid weight wool sock to help pull moisture away from your foot into the other sock. Having room around your foot in the boot helps hold heated air because it helps slows conduction down. Thermodynamics eh !! Heat always seeks the cold. If you have an heated air space that slows heat loss and isn't conductive you have won 3/4 of the battle ..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 2 Posts
    It gets cold here in NE Minnesota during deer season. For just sitting on a stand all day, just about everyone wears rubber bottom boot packs. They are OK for a reasonable walk-about, but I do switch to 400 gram leather boots if I plan to still hunt. Always pull the insulated liners out at the end of the day so they can dry. Ditto on leaving some wiggle room as that makes them a lot warmer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 9 Posts
    I use the arctic sport muck boots. I don't like they don't come in half sizes. I needed a 11 1/2 but had to go to 12 and were a little sloppy but put an extra insole insert and now they fit awesome. Some of the boots I have heard people like for cold weather are also kenetrex northern, cabelas inferno packs and cabelas predator packs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 9 Posts
    Just ordered a bog winter boot. Just like the mucks. I don't plan to walk far in them. Thanks for the input. I still plan to make wraps for my Lowa boots