Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys, just wanted to say congratulations to everyone for accepting this challenge. Getting in shape and staying in shape is very difficult. especially with the rigors of day to day life. I too am a trainer(part time job) and I deal with lots of men and women that have different goals. I have been reading a lot of your comments and have noticed a lot of you are hitting that wall. Not seeing the results you expect to see. That is the tough part, so many people work out for a few months and then quit because they are not seeing this lean, mean muscled up machine. Remember that weight comes off fast in the beginning and then slows after a while. One thing I have used with people is to have them take a picture of them selves in front of a mirror, preferbly in the beginning of there workouts. and then continue to take pictures of themselves every 30 days. Even though your eyes are not seeing the results, once you compare the pictures. You will be surprised at how much different you look compared to when you started. Remember, pictures never lie. Like many of you have said, working out should be a lifestyle. Something you do everyday. Everyone of us has an hour a day that we can dedicate to working out. My schedule is crazy and I always make time for excercise. I would be more than happy to help any of you out with your workouts, diet or anything else. Just hit me up and I can help. For everyone, keep your goals in sight and push yourself. You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish.
    Work Hard, Play Hard and Regret Nothing...........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hunterman2146 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    ok so I drew a Nv bull tag and I've decided I better do something about my condutioning. I'm not as young as I once was lol.Started this morning with a 30 min walk before work, stopped drinking beer ( sell your stock they are going to be hurting ) cut out soda and trying to choose healther foods.
    I don't have a scale so I can't do way in's but I can tell when my hunting clothes fit again. This will be hard as I am a widower and live alone with vists from my kids on weekends. Hard to cook for one. I'll be looking for excerise routines that I can do at home as its 45 min drive to closest gym.
    Next step is to buy a bike and ride the 10 miles to work everyday.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 11 Posts
    We have our next weigh in on Friday, this could be fun.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 8 Posts
    Keep going guys, this thread keeps motivating me to keep up with my good habits!!
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

@backcountryhunter

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Alright guys, weigh in was today and Brandon and I were the only ones able to make it. The other guys I am sure will weigh in shortly. Since my last post I have simply run out of time to do the workouts. I have been able to maintain a two run average per week and have lost seven more pounds so my current weight is 292 down from 303, 1% less body fat so now I'm at 35.6 down from 38.4, I did lose two pounds of muscle mass because of dropping the workouts so I am at 179.2 down from 181.2, and dropped my visceral fat another point so I am at 17 when I started at 19. I have come to the realization that I may not be able to hit the goals I started with but will stay at it. For us working stiffs, just two runs a week does wonders to maintaining a healthy body and staying reasonably in shape for hunting season. I am going to try my best to ramp up the workouts and runs just before season hits as it will be nearly impossible to continue to workout then. Once the season is over, I plan on a maintenance workout until next summer when I can hit it hard again.

Side note: I just got out of the reloading room and am pumped for antelope season, who's with me?!
    Last edited by D.Turvey, Jr; 06-13-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

7. The Following User Says Thank You to D.Turvey, Jr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    I am...drew area 78 type 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Anybody using the runkeeper app? I just did a run and if you friend me there we can see each others work outs and encourage each other etc.

Just did a 2.45 mile run with some planned walking intervals. Looking forward to weigh in.......

Eastmans' Staff- Digital Media Coordinator

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome idea guys. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations

This was my run tonight.

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 4 Posts
    bumping deer, elk and turkery on my morning walks. Started seeing the fawns and calves.

scott, there are many of those apps out there. Another one is strava. Dustin ray and I are on the strava app. you can bike or run with the app.