Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well I have to say I was not looking forward to last nights workout, I was not just sore from the previous workout but uncomfortably so. This morning, I am barely sore and I can feel my muscle groups tightening back up – feels great! I am headed back home to Montana this weekend for my sons first birthday and to visit family for Easter but believe me, I will still be doing the workout and not eating above my 2,000 calorie limit (that's going to be tough with all the chocolate bunnies bouncing around). I have a couple hikes in mind IF I can get down the trail with 5' of snow still on the ground. I will be sure to take pictures and post them up for you guys next Tuesday.

Motivational quote for the weekend and I don't know who to credit: "If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Have a great Easter and I will check back in with you all next week.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    One thing I've learned at 72 is the longer you put it off the harder it will be. When I first started the "battle" , I set very minimal goals. I got a personal trainer and started. She gradually got me going and we modified my goals to a more aggressive approach.
    One thing I did myself was to start my eating modification with simple portion control. Smaller portions, almost no seconds and desserts. Cut my alcohol down, only a beer or 2 during the week and almost no other booze. My goal was to lose 1# a week. Ended up at 2#.

Still really watch what I eat and drink, go to the gym and walk 3 to 4 miles daily, all year when the weather permits. After getting lazy for years, things have gotten a lot easier in the mountains (for an old man!) and I need to stay with the "program" if I want to keep doing this into my 80s and even older!!!

The real problem is lots of problems with my joints that I abused for years when I played HS and college sports. Can't do a lot except get them fixed if possible and keep pushing. Have a new knee and probably will need an ankle soon as my recent ankle surgery revealed.
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 04-16-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    One thing I've learned at 72 is the longer you put it off the harder it will be. When I first started the "battle" , I set very minimal goals. I got a personal trainer and started. She gradually got me going and we modified my goals to a more aggressive approach.
    One thing I did myself was to start my eating modification with simple portion control. Smaller portions, almost no seconds and desserts. Cut my alcohol down, only a beer or 2 during the week and almost no other booze. My goal was to lose 1# a week. Ended up at 2#.

Still really watch what I eat and drink, go to the gym and walk 3 to 4 miles daily, all year when the weather permits. After getting lazy for years, things have gotten a lot easier in the mountains (for an old man!) and I need to stay with the "program" if I want to keep doing this into my 80s and even older!!!

The real problem is lots of problems with my joints that I abused for years when I played HS and college sports. Can't do a lot except get them fixed if possible and keep pushing. Have a new knee and probably will need an ankle soon as my recent ankle surgery revealed.
    Man I sure hope I can be hunting like you at 72 years old! You are an inspiration CC. Hunting the mountains for another 35 years sounds pretty dang good to me! The real motivation should be the alternative.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Man I sure hope I can be hunting like you at 72 years old! You are an inspiration CC. Hunting the mountains for another 35 years sounds pretty dang good to me! The real motivation should be the alternative.....
    Hey Hilltop, 72 ain't old!! LOL
    I've got to make it as long as my dad did...at least. He shot his last elk when he was 90.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, we're a little over a week into the challenge and I've managed to shave off 4.5 lbs. just by doing the simple workout that Team Turvey listed early on and cutting out foods with artificially added sugars. Dang! It is weird not eating candy and other dessert items and not drinking pop (soda)!!!

Have a good Easter and be string in the gave of chocolate bunnies and eggs

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry... I meant strong in the face of.... not string in the gave... Dang autocorrect!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So, how do I join the challenge?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    good luck guys. what I have seen in my life. is what you guys are wanting is a lifestyle change, not just loose weight. Good luck and you will be more successful, if you can incorporate fitness into your life. also remember it took you along time to get where you are, it will take along time to get where you want to be.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I saw this post on Eastmans Facebook page and had to join up here. Thanks for the info.

I guess I am in the big man club also and have been trying to cut off some pounds. I am 6ft 220+ lbs. I have been doing light weight work outs and at the minimum an hour on the treadmill 3 times a week. Just got my mountain bike fixed and ready to add a couple of more workout days to the weekly routine. With the workout and dieting I am down 7lbs so far. Anyway, thanks for some ideas and motivation!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    check out shaun t's, focus t25 work outs. only 25 minutes a day, and there is a lady on the video showing the easier modified versions for those just starting out. great workout video that gets results, and it can be done before work, very easy.