Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGwuller View Post
    So, how do I join the challenge?
    Start following the workout Dan posted and post here as often you can about results and how you feel! This is about encouraging each other through this process!

If we can make a 5k work in the Park county region we will let all of you know!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good luck with the challenge!! I am very interested in how Rinda broke down your weight like she did? I understand body fat etc but how did she come up with bone mass, hydtration etc?? I am an analystic kinda OCD person so that info would be interesting to find out!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    She has a really cool scale that reads it all.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, here is todays workout.

Conquered it in about an hour, with 50lbs on my back. 3 miles hiked round trip.

If you want to find out how out of shape you are bring along a 19 year old kid...

The challenge came on the downhill side which came in the form of a drift. You can see the route we took down.....

Sorry for only having cell pictures.
    Last edited by ScottR; 04-21-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Looks like a good Hike. I have been walking the hills each day at work on my break. Only a mile to a mile and a half for now but being that the weather has finally decided to start to cooperate, the girlfriend and I will be starting to do our 5 mile walks in the evenings.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Okay, I’m IN!! I need something to keep me motivated, and this just might be it. I’m not going to pick a team, because I’m sure nobody wants me on their team…”I am an ARMY of one”. Alright, army may not be the best description, unless you consider a 3 member Brownie troop to be an army.

So here are the stats:
    Height – 6’0
    Weight – 238…ouch, it is one thing to know something, but to see it in writing makes it sting a little bit more
    Body Fat % - no idea other than high

One thought I did have while reading the thread, how about an Eastmans’ Outdoor Challenge instead of a 5k? I’ll be honest; I would rather be waterboarded with elk “scent” than run around the block, much less a 5k. Nothing too competitive, just a friendly trail run/walk, throw in a shooting challenge or two (archery and/or rifle), maybe even a station were you have to glass for something or setup a tent….the possibilities are endless. And, we are right in the middle of 2 mountain ranges. Just a thought

Good luck everyone

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm in. What works best for me is a morning workout with, don't laugh - a bunch of women in a cross-fit class that pushes me past what I can push myself to do on my own - 3 days a week. One night I do a 50-minute core workout and the other weights.

That's not the hard part, though. That would be cutting way down on snacks, which is not that easy working from home. My goals are to drop 30 lbs by mid-October and get my back and shoulders used to a 40 backpack. I start in the morning.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    OK, so here are my stats - 217 lbs, 6 ft, don't know my body fat or my ideal weight because its been so long since I've been at it and have probably lost some muscle over the last so many years.

I'm a 38 waist now and would like to see 34 again. I'm going to shoot for 185 lbs and because of my age (60 in August), keep my calories to 1,600. You just don't burn too many at this age, especially sitting at a computer 10 hours a day.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I must confess my sins – a few chocolate eggs didn't survive this weekend, read that as diet challenge failed for a day or two. My sons birthday combined with the Easter holiday proved to much. So, I am going to double the workouts. Not only am I getting stronger and feeling better, but I am to the point where I need to up the set count to feel the burn. I also managed to get my 55-year-old father to start the challenge with me this weekend as well. He quickly learned how out of shape he really was and what potential whooping the mountains had in store for him this fall. Hold strong and get ready to run, as I think that phase is starting in a week or two.

How did you guys fair over the holiday?
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also failed the diet challenge this weekend. My wife has become the workout and diet sergeant lately, but she made prime rib for Easter. That is one thing that is hard for the me and portion control. Plus the chocolate eggs. Back at it this week. I was down 10 pounds before Easter, so there is some progress. I need to get more consistent with the exercise, and no soda. I think that is my next phase. Work has gotten busy, so I have used that as an excuse, but I had better not anymore.

Those cross-fit girls are tough. I wouldn't laugh at a workout with them, if I could even finish one.