Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Turvey, Jr View Post
    I must confess my sins – a few chocolate eggs didn't survive this weekend, read that as diet challenge failed for a day or two. My sons birthday combined with the Easter holiday proved to much. So, I am going to double the workouts. Not only am I getting stronger and feeling better, but I am to the point where I need to up the set count to feel the burn. I also managed to get my 55-year-old father to start the challenge with me this weekend as well. He quickly learned how out of shape he really was and what potential whooping the mountains had in store for him this fall. Hold strong and get ready to run, as I think that phase is starting in a week or two.

How did you guys fair over the holiday?
    Well you were not alone. I also had my sons birthday this weekend along with Easter. A cookie dough blizzard for a birthday snack and a strawberry shortcake on Easter may have been more temptation than I could resist. So whats done is done and time to get back hard at it.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 11 Posts
    I must confess my sins – a few chocolate eggs didn't survive this weekend, read that as diet challenge failed for a day or two. My sons birthday combined with the Easter holiday proved to much. So, I am going to double the workouts. Not only am I getting stronger and feeling better, but I am to the point where I need to up the set count to feel the burn. I also managed to get my 55-year-old father to start the challenge with me this weekend as well. He quickly learned how out of shape he really was and what potential whooping the mountains had in store for him this fall. Hold strong and get ready to run, as I think that phase is starting in a week or two.

How did you guys fair over the holiday?
    I had a couple lemon drops, not much candy but it was tough. Holidays are killer.

I am ready for the running to start, it's one workout that I really like to see just how far I can push myself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Good day today!! Today is the first day my "after surgery" ankle has not bothered me after a workout. I'm holding my breath, maybe I've turned the corner, I'll know more in the AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Good day today!! Today is the first day my "after surgery" ankle has not bothered me after a workout. I'm holding my breath, maybe I've turned the corner, I'll know more in the AM.
    Glad it is getting better!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Time to start my workout. Should be a good one tonight, upping reps!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Stepped on the scale this morning and it read 299 (at home scale that's close to Rinda's). Four pounds gone, four pounds less to haul in the backcountry.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Stepped on the scale this morning and it read 299 (at home scale that's close to Rinda's). Four pounds gone, four pounds less to haul in the backcountry.
    Good job Dan!

I haven't lost much, but I can tell my body is working harder. I go to bed hungry every night working on portion control. Not starving myself, still getting plenty of food, just not over eating at dinner.

Rinda said to eat like a King at breakfast, prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner. My wife and I are working pretty hard at that now. It's working.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Good job Dan!

I haven't lost much, but I can tell my body is working harder. I go to bed hungry every night working on portion control. Not starving myself, still getting plenty of food, just not over eating at dinner.

Rinda said to eat like a King at breakfast, prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner. My wife and I are working pretty hard at that now. It's working.
    I've found this to be the hardest part for me as well but am getting way better at it. I feel stronger than I did two weeks ago and I am looking forward to the running as well. Hopefully peel off more weight at a faster pace. After all, we have spring bear season coming up!
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Glad it is getting better!
    4 workouts in a row and not a lot of ankle pain....maybe I've turned the corner!! Won't get much done this weekend as its our big gunshow/sportsmans expo. I have a table and will be there all day Friday thru Sunday.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 3 Posts
    Okay I am going to jump on ship now. I am 30 weighing in at 210lbs. and 5'9". Yes short and fat. I have an 9 month old daughter that gives me all the excuses to eat like crap and not work out. I am wanting to be at 175lbs by Montana's bow opener. I was up to 228lbs one year and went down all the way to 179lbs. Now have put that all back on. It is a life style change to keep the weight off. I need motivation and it looks like I have found it from you guys. I would love to do the 5k with you guys. Just let me know when and where. Thanks for the motivation. Will keep you guys posted on the weight loss.