Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well had a hard few weeks. Went camping Memorial Day weekend and couldn't control my self on s'mores and junk food. Then I have been at the Montana State fire convention since Wednesday. So I have ate like crap and have not gotten any work outs in. Gonna hit it hard from here on out. Only a little over 90 days till opening of bow season. Keep with it everyone. Your body will appreciate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm in! I just stumbled across this looking for a tripod! I live in Ohio, family, job and three recent surgeries. I have lost 20 lbs in the last two months and looking to loose another 30 before I head to Wyoming (Archery Antelope) and Idaho this Fall for my first "DIY" archery Elk hunt. I have eliminated sugar, dairy, wheat from my diet and have limited meat to occasional fish, turkey, lean beef etc. I am just starting to hike and hitting the gym to do the recumbent bike (non weight bearing exercise) to mix it up and not "wear out" my parts before my trips!! Feel free to stay in touch and motivate! I am relatively new to Western hunting and look forward to learning all I can.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I went on a two-week vacation with my wife and was so ridiculously overworked on either side of it I gained weight 'cause when I am really stressed I crave snacks, and if I'm losing sleep, that makes it way worse. Got back on the horse this weekend.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Been awhile since I have been on here but I have been trying really hard to at least get a run in every other day. At the moment, I just don't have time for the workouts. I did step on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see 289! If I can keep that going I will have lost 14 pounds so far. I feel a ton better and can't wait to hit the mountains next month to start preseason scouting.
    Managing Editor
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Team Turvey Captain – Eastmans' Big Man Challenge

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I have been doing great with the workouts, but the runs have been few and far between. I am really going start pushing to get the cardio work done, it's important and will make a huge difference.

My biggest challenge has been the simple fact that over the last two weeks most of our free time has been consumed by house shopping/buying. We are in the final stages of buying a house and for anyone who has been a part of that process it really destroys workout routines in the evening.

How is everybody else doing?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just finished my first week of P90X and it feels good to be at it again. I have had several set backs with surgery and broken body parts but feel good enough to go for it. It is amazing how fast u can get out of shape and how tough it is to get it all back. I was training for the Portland marathon two years ago and crashed my mountain bike and broke my collar bone and a couple others and my neck pain is now manageable to work out and I hope to be in descent shape when archery elk gets here,

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    you folks should get some advice from dustin ray on here. I follow him on an app called strava. that guy gets some serious bike workouts in.

for me, I have found, you have to put exercise in the planner, just like any other meeting, if not planned, it won't be done.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Tim, we haven't been as good about posting the actual workouts lately, but Rinda Eastman is a personal trainer, and she has been planning our workouts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    scott

what I was getting at, is he figures out how to get the work out in. the work out itself, anyone can come up with one. workouts are easy to come up with. Figuring out how to get the workout done is the hard part. This guy is doing 15 mile, 3000 vert foot rides at 6:30 am. What is his secret to get up to do that?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    223 today. Slow workout week!