Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 2 Posts
    I remember this quote was posted on the wall of the Marine Corps physical fitness center where I worked out over 40 years ago; "Physical fitness is transitory, it must be worked for continuously, and the only program of effective value is a lifetime one."
    At 62, I find it's fairly easy to stay in shape, but a real bitch to get in shape. It helps to not have been a star athlete, as those injuries from your youth come back to haunt you in later life. Good work guys, and keep it up forever. Carpe Diem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RICMIC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm back from my Wyoming mountain goat and elk hunts. I'm beat, tired and sore and that is with being in about the best shape of my life. I can't imagine if I wasn't in shape. I would have just not been able to do it I guess.

7 days of mountain goat hunting, only 37 miles on the boots, but in that country it was some pretty hard miles for the most part with the vast bulk of those miles being at 9,500' elevation or higher.

Only 3 real days of scouting and hunting for elk the way things worked out, ended up with 37 miles on horseback on that hunt with only 16 miles on foot, but had a TON of elevation gain in those 16 miles. I didn't do a good job of keeping up with it on my GPS on a daily basis, but the entire hunt had 52.16 miles logged on the GPS either on horseback or on foot with 14,943' of elevation gain. I missed about 1.5 miles where I forgot to turn the GPS on as well. The bulk of that elevation gain was on foot, some really steep stuff! Very physically demanding.

Got my goat and an elk. It's going to take a few days before I can post up the full hunt reports. Here's a couple pictures in the meantime for you fellow big man hunters.

Of course I have a 5K race coming up on Saturday and haven't run a step in 18 days so we will see if humping up and down those mountains will correlate to being able to run a good race or not. I'm happy with the results of the hunts regardless!

4. The Following User Says Congratulations to npaden For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Awesome Npaden!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 10 Posts
    Npaden What a great trip!! Glad to see you filled both your tags. Cant wait to read the write up. Mark