Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my opinion all you need to look at is the late season hunt for elk in Gardiner. They used to issue over 1000 tags between cow and bull. Now the hunt no longer exists. I believe that you can get the drawing statistics from past years on the montana fwp website.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Livesilly View Post
    I thought I would strike the A#1 nerve with this thread! Togather as a hunting community is the only way something is going to get done.......and we MUST see it through to the end....for our kids!
    Yup..... What he said.......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntinMontucky View Post
    Great thread to be had! Things are loking up for Montana hunters this year, our Governor has instructed all state wildlife officers NOT to investigate or assist in any investigation involving wolves in an effort to put more heat on the USFWS. We are hurting here in NW MT and need action fast!
    Lets hope that WY will follow Montana's lead on this one...or do something at least.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here in Utah, we are just starting to see some evidence of wolves. Yes, we need to get a handle on them before we're all in the same boat with wolves effecting the game populations and killing domestic livestock.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It is a shame that our ranchers here in montana and elsewhere are having there lively hood destroyed and no one will listen to them. They hardly make any money as it is and the cattle are being destroyed by the wolves. I am hearing more and more reports in central montana that the wolves are moving out there already. My uncle has 1000 acres in central montana and he had elk on his place all year. You dont see elk in his area let alone in numbers(20+ most evenings all year) only one reason I can think of. Wolves. I think something does need to be done and fast.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its great to see that Montana Gov. Swietzer showed his kahonies and told the Feds to go pound sand. Unfortunately, Wyoming Gov. Mead has said he is going to be more passive and see how the feds wanna handle the situation...Hellooo, Dumb @%$^$!...I think its safe to say that e have all seen how the feds are handling it.....GRRRRRRR.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roe View Post
    Do you have any links, articles, information from CREDIBLE AGENCY SOURCES that can BE VERIFIED about what the impacts have been over the years to elk, deer, and moose populations/calving rates/etc.? I stress the credible sources and verified because there is SO much emotion to this, unless a "statistic" is SOLIDLY grounded, it can be used AGAINST you more than it'll work FOR you. For our future discussions in Colorado, I'd like to have as much rock solid info as I can get to help the dialog. I have some info/stats, but figured I'd reach out to the hunting community as well.

Thanks!

Chris Roe
    Roe Hunting Resources
    I would start by looking at the Idaho 10J file for the Lolo area.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They are spreading fast throughout the west and I'm sure they will head east too in time. This issue isnt about re-establishing endangered populations its about CONTROL. The "Sierra Club" types are at war with hunters and any way they can get a foothold in State's game management by introducing wolves or limiting access to public land etc... they will do it.

Here in California we will receive (maybe already) the wolves by way of Oregon who is already spotting wolves frequently. So we too will have to deal with these top predators. This is very scary for California hunters because we are already forbidden to kill Mtn Lions by law due to the ignorant emotional responses of liberal voters that rule this state. So ANOTHER predator added to the mix is very disturbing to say the least.

We have a saying here in California about the "three esses" SSS - Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BADbuckfever View Post
    We have a saying here in California about the "three esses" SSS - Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!
    As many times as I have heard that saying that's the first time its been associated with California.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wolves migrate and so do sayings.