Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    I use a Montana Black Gold Ascent 4 pin. The first three pins are green-amber-green and then the bottom pin is red. This is the pin I use as the floater with the adjustment wheel. I like a four pin as it gets me out to 50yds, and anything beyond that I figure I probably shouldn't be shooting at, if I don't have time to range-adjust the wheel-shoot. For me personally, if I am rushing the shot at 60 or beyond, I shouldn't be shooting.

I also use a 6in dovetail to give me a longer sight radius; which I believe can add alot to accuracy, plus the farter your pins are from your eye the finer the point.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use trophy ridge react 5 pin. You can adjust the pins without any tools. You dial in your 20 & 30 yard pin & it will automatically set 40, 50 & 60 yard pin. It works great!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am a big advocate of a single pin sight. They simpler setup you have, the better. My current setup is a carbon overdrive with a Montana Black Gold Ascent Ambush. I shoot vaps that weigh 383 grains at 310 fps. I leave my setting at 30 yards and am good out to 40 without adjusting. If the animal is 50 yds or further I have time to range find and adjust. I do very well with setup and have killed more animals because of it. Keep it simple!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 12 Posts
    thanks guys for the advice

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 25 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm with mnhunter. I have a 4 pin ascent sight. I shot a 7 pin before and love the 4 pin. It's super easy to know which pin since there are only 4. When I'm practicing or if I have a longer shot I can slide the sight to whatever exact yardage I want. Best of both worlds
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i personally like having my pins. i shoot 7 out here in utah. if you are looking into the sliders, and are considering a one pin slider. you should look into the three and five pin sliders. just a thought

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 55 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsess32 View Post
    i personally like having my pins. i shoot 7 out here in utah. if you are looking into the sliders, and are considering a one pin slider. you should look into the three and five pin sliders. just a thought
    Check out the CBE tek hybrid 5 pin.. It's life changing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Rockies are the marrow of the world.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use 7 pin spot hog and very happy with it. Don't think I would use a single pin, but the the 3 pin sliders could be interesting. Who knows, my opinion could change some day. I don't find 7 pin cluttered, but I do have labels on each pin to help with the buck fever. I can count the pins or look at the label....or both! My last pin is 80 yards, but have never had to shoot an animal past 43 yards. Although 90% of my practice shots are 60-80yrds. Forces good form. Makes 40 yard shots seem like a chip shot. I think a lot of any success or lack there of, comes down to your routine when shooting. Follow a set of mentalist steps for every shot. It needs to be muscle memory so you don't really think about it. This is important regardless of what setup you use.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've only ever used my one sight and then again my knowledge is limited. I did learn alot of differing opinions about sights and like the input. I like my five pin sight its been easy to get use to and its tool-less so that helps for adjustment. I will stick with the simplest sight with the least amount of moving parts.
    I don't have much, but I do have passion. Land, Air, Sea, HUNT!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    I chewed on this for quit a while....I shoot the 7-pin hogg it now...love the sight! I also shoot the single pin hogg father on my target bow and really wanted to put one on my hunting bow....after some RD i came to the conclusion to K.I.S.S.....keep it simple stupid!!! I shoot all .010 pins on my 7-pin and have never had a problem with it! Granted I love the idea of having one pin to just burn on the x of a animal....just there are to many "what if" scenarios to consider....again this is just my 2 pennies